Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when it is raining even a little bit outside my windows in my car have issues rolling up. like it one of the sprockets are broken or bent. you can kinda tell that it has problems when it isnt raining but when it is raining it feel like you are about to break it to get it up. does anyone have this same problem and what is the easyest way to get the door panel off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
door panels easy, unscrew the arm rest, unscrew the opener & slide foward, you'll then need to unclip the bar off the back of it(try remember how you did it, coz it can be a mission to refit), the hardest part, the window winder, a long thin screwdriver in behind it to pull the clip out, its a U shape, if youre unsure, try look at one thats already off, else you probably wont be able to figure it, i lay the screwdriver flat under the winder hard against the panel & wind, the clip should catch the head of the s/driver and release, then slide the winder off. pull the door panel out from the bottom, & you'll here all the clips pop out, then slide the panel up & off the door, easy as pie.
check your 3 bolts holding the regulator(the splined part your winder goes onto) make sure theyre tight, as ther is a bit of adjustment in these, you may need to work out where it works best & tighten. there should also be a bolt head sticking out on the latch side of the door jam, this adjusts your window chanel(that the glass slides into) check that to make sure its not out of shape.
i had a similar problem, & it was simply loose bolts on the regulator,
good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
spookikiwi:

You seem to know whats in the door panel. I got a 94 Corolla. I want to put one of those M3 mirrors that you find on ebay. They have a signal light. so, do u know how I can connect that light?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
depends on wether or not youve got power goin into your door or not, if youv gota poverty pack with no electrics, you may need to remove your doors to drill holes for cables, this can be tricky, real $%&kn tricky, as when youve done it you require grommets to seal the holes etcetc, a quik shady job is aceiveable tho by pokin the wires out the side of ur kick panel & thru up the side of the door panel. run twin core cable up to u'r new mirrors but keep them close to the front door jam, & make sure that they dont get in the way of ur window when it winds down, plug her in. on the other end just plug it into either your flasher can(repeater can) or indicator wiring (repeater wiring)
if uve already got wiring goin into your door, easy peasy, just run it thru with that, it wont need to be very heavy cable so it'll fit nice. one thing you may need to watch is adding more load to your flasher circuit may alter your flasher speed unless its a really low current draw like an LED, the way around that is to disconnect the flasher(repeater/indicator) on the side of the front panels, you souldnt need them anyway if your puttin them on the wing mirrors.
should look good when done tho.
:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
thats a whole lot of work man............ohly crap... I don't think I can do that. But thanks for your very detailed help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nah, it only sounds like hard work, i'd guess no more than 2 or 3 hours tops if youve got wire goin into ya doors already, if ya doors have to come off, a day. once your stuck into it its pretty easy

·
Registered
304 Posts
yeah, I got the poorest of all corolla version... the speical...

When my mom first picked up the car... it didn't even come with stereo.

So I am guess I got no wires whatsoever in there. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts