Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have a 93 toyota ex cab 4x4 v6 truck and the window regulator went out,it has the lil vent window. i bought a aftermarket replacment and i'm not sure if its defective or the instaler is (me). but it dosent take the window all the way down if you force it it comes of track and you have to redo everything again. is there a trick to installing it? ty

·
Registered
96 Posts
Take the door apart again, and carefully observe the mechanism operate. Learn it, live it, love it. Figure out what's wrong, and then take corrective action. I had a similar problem in my '91 truck; The morons that previously owned it had replaced the glass or some such, and the window wouldn't roll all the way down. So instead of fixing it(or paying to have it fixed), they sold the truck. I observed the thing operate, and determined that I needed to mount the front track in a slightly differently place than stock. I drilled a new hole, mounted the track at the new hole using the stock fastener, and it's worked perfectly ever since...nine years so far. The window reg. is a very simple mechanism.

·
Registered
3 Posts
where to buy a regulator

Hey guys I've got a 91 with the vent windows and a bad regulator I can't seem to find a new one that is manual I see tons of them if you have power but none for the left side with the vent any help would be appreciated
Thanks

·
CRU|S|N YOTA
91 4x4 DLX STD CAB
2 Posts
I am having the same issue with aftermarket manual regulators. However, mine just does not roll down all the way. I am 100% sure that I installed them correctly. I say "them" because I have bought 3 different regulators from three different parts stores. The "Arm" of the regulator, to me, appears to be made incorrectly. The angle is either too small or the "gear teeth" are located in the wrong spot. When I attempt to roll window down fully, if I go too far, the "arm" comes out of the gears. Thoughts anyone?

ALSO..the MFG of the regulators is DOORMAN

·
CRU|S|N YOTA
91 4x4 DLX STD CAB
2 Posts
Window Aftermarket regulator issues...

I am having the same issue with aftermarket manual regulators. However, mine just does not roll down all the way. I am 100% sure that I installed them correctly. I say "them" because I have bought 3 different regulators from three different parts stores. The "Arm" of the regulator, to me, appears to be made incorrectly. The angle is either too small or the "gear teeth" are located in the wrong spot. When I attempt to roll window down fully, if I go too far, the "arm" comes out of the gears. Thoughts anyone?

ALSO..the MFG of the regulators is DOORMAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts