Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2011 Limited AWD and hear very annoying rattles coming from both sliding doors, mostly on rough pavement. Unfortunately my neighborhood has roads with such pavement everywhere. Anyway, I'm still not sure whether the door themselves rattle, or if it's the windows. It seems when windows are rolled down a good amount, I hear no rattle... But since the cabin become noisier because of the wind, it might just drown the rattle noise.

I took the car to the dealer several times and each time they said they fix it but it was complete BS. Either service techs are all deaf, or they are professional liars (maybe both). There was a post a while back by someone who had such a rattle (not sure it was exactly the same problem) but apparently this person had it fixed. I told my dealer about this fix but the response was that they had no clue what the other dealer had done since the part they 'lubed' does not exist in the Toyota catalog ('anti rattle stopper').

The service manager test drove another new Sienna from their lot and could hear the rattle in this car as well. So I'm thinking I can't possibly be the only one with this problem? Again, the rattles are pronounced when going over rough (not THAT rough!) roads. Sometimes I feel like the entire sliding doors are rattling, sometimes I feel like it's only the top of the windows that make the noise. It's absolutely driving me crazy!

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If your dealer wants info call....613-225-1212 customer number 94577 invoice date 08/18/10 talk to Sam Guelle, shop forman/manager. Tony Graham Toyota Ottawa Canada

These guys fixed my rattle and it never returned

All info is available with my customer number as they can track the work order.

Some dealers say they don't know what they did as the description does not match any part on the vehicle. Regardless of what they called the part, the fix works. Judging by the amount of complaints due to rattles, Toyota should have a fix in place for all dealers to follow.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
fastlightning
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing