Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im taking this interior lighting too far lol...has anybody changed the green window switch lights??? or sharpie'd them???

Edit: mee too...thats why i asked!! :lol:

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
ya'll are really taking this interior lighting thing to the extreme. lol
i guess it would look nice if done especially if it was blue.

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ive just been using sharpie on everything it doesnt look that bad so far i have only dont the shifter PRND2L thing and the ect button and im gonna install my indiglo gauges tommorow or friday...and i wanna do the ac controls too...

I have no basic soldering skills

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Is sharpie a special type of marker or something because i tried using regular markers for my bulbs but they just don't come out right?

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dna59 said:
Is sharpie a special type of marker or something because i tried using regular markers for my bulbs but they just don't come out right?
sharpie is just a permanent marker...brand name...must be a north american thing maybe they dont have it in belize....2wicked should know osmething about the window switches....any input?

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
we do have sharpie here in belize, but i just wanted to know if they are different from other permanent markers cuz when i tried using an ordinary on it didn't give me even coverage. so is the sharpie any different?

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
man it's like he knew i was reading this :lol:

i haven't opened it up to see what was inside but i plan to when i get a chance hopefully i can get to it tonight:D i'll keep you guys posted

and as for stock93cam don't do that you freaked me out:eek:

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2wickedtoyz said:
man it's like he knew i was reading this :lol:

i haven't opened it up to see what was inside but i plan to when i get a chance hopefully i can get to it tonight:D i'll keep you guys posted

and as for stock93cam don't do that you freaked me out:eek:
haha sorry...i only said that because you did the japanese letter thing so i knew you had some extra window switches laying around... :lol: :lol: i wont do it again though lol

·
nub
313 Posts
with sharpies you sometimes have a problem with un-even-ness because the brush/marker part colors and takes ink away if its wet. your best bet is to just go over again and hope for the best. if the surface is roughed up it will work better.

stock93cam
how did you do the PRND2L thing? did you just sharpie the little orange tab or did you color in the clear plastic holes? i wanna do the same thing :p:

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im talking about the pnrd2l thing on the actual shifter assemble...i took off vinyl then i took off the cover that has the letters...there is a black tab near the top that you have to remove first...then i removed green condom and colored the bulb...i cudnt get it out so i jsut colored it there...then i colored the letters...dont color where the orange tab goes...i did that and it looks really bad during the day...wow i hope that made sense

·
nub
313 Posts
what green condom? i dont recall seeing any green condom or bulb when i was in there...actually i didn't really look hard.

but are you saying i will do fine just w/ coloring the backs of the letters?

o yeah, do you know if light actually goes thru that orange thing or if it is reflected? if its reflected i might be able to just tape something colored on there :)

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it doesnt go through the orange thing or all the little holes where the orange thing moves too...im pretty sure.....do you have a gen 3? cause in my gen 3 there was a green condom on the bulb(thats why it lights up green)...if you just remove the condom it will be white....someone else taped foil in the area where the light is to reflect more light and make it brighter...im gonna try that tommorow and see how it looks

·
nub
313 Posts
mine arent green but i have a the same car as you(xle v6 93)

the numbers/letters are like frosted yellowish and something....idk

·
Traitor
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
spydrvnm said:
mine arent green but i have a the same car as you(xle v6 93)

the numbers/letters are like frosted yellowish and something....idk
they dont light up a dull green at night?

take a picture

1 - 17 of 17 Posts