Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the pre-cut window tint from eBay? Living in AZ, tint isn't an option, it's a standard feature. I've priced some local shops for the just the two front windows and a windshield piece, 6" down from the top. Most shops were qouting $165, which I can't even dignify with a :eek: ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-2005-2006-Precut-Tint-Front-Doors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63689QQihZ002QQitemZ120082666956QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-Ext-Cab-05-07-Pre-Cut-Front-2-Doors-Tint_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63689QQihZ006QQitemZ160082208014QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I saw those on Ebay. I can't see why not? The shop that did mine had a machine that cut the tints out. So if it is the same program then it should be fine.

·
Registered
06 V6 DC TRD Sport
259 Posts
DirtyTaco said:
Has anyone purchased the pre-cut window tint from eBay? Living in AZ, tint isn't an option, it's a standard feature. I've priced some local shops for the just the two front windows and a windshield piece, 6" down from the top. Most shops were qouting $165, which I can't even dignify with a :eek: ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-2005-2006-Precut-Tint-Front-Doors_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63689QQihZ002QQitemZ120082666956QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-Ext-Cab-05-07-Pre-Cut-Front-2-Doors-Tint_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63689QQihZ006QQitemZ160082208014QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Where in AZ? I had mine done in Mesa. 2doors 20% no stripe on front just less than 70 bucks. I got too lazy sooo.. I cant remember the name but it is on the north side of Main between Higley and Greenfield.

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Sport Taco, I called a couple of places here in Scottsdale and 2 in Glendale. I know I'm getting Scottsdale qoutes but even 2 I called in Phoenix were pretty high. $70 isn't too bad if it included the windshield.

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to keep checking around. It's hard enough trying to find a decent truck accessory place. I've been to 2 places and both had ridiculous prices.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Even at $150, pay to have it done professionally by a shop that does good work. That truck looks too good to have shoddy tint with dirt and air bubbles underneath.....

Tinting is definitely an art. Get it done right and you will not regret it. Get it done sub par to save $70 and you'll have to look at it every day for as long as you own the truck.....

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True. I've done tint before. That's one of the reason's why I don't understand the prices. When I worked for a stereo shop, they didn't have pre-cut pieces so there was additional work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i tinted my entire truck myself with 5%. i go through a company that does all the pre-cutting for me. its cheaper that way instead of paying 180+ for a roll of film knowing you're gonna waste a good chunk of it.

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
NorCalTacoma said:
Dude, get it done professionally.

I paid $90 for both my windows in front to match the stock tint.
NorCal, what tint did you use to match the rest of the truck? :thumbup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
to anyone in tucson, iv had 3 vehicles done at affordable window tinting, there at 932 W. Grant rd. every single employee that does tinting went to school for it before they touch it. lifetime warranty as long as YOU own the vehicle. warranty covers bubbles, fading, all that good crap. if your not happy with it, they replace the piece if needed at no extra charge. they us 3M's FX.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I got my tint done for $250, doors 5%, back window 20% and windshield 55%. Otherwise if i wanted to match the front windows with the back it would of been $40. I was also able to get my sister's nissan sentra done for $120 for all except the windshield. The shop you go to definitley makes a big difference, I used to go to a shop that was 30% more expensive and their workmanship sucked they even used same quality tint. I was also able to get my sister's nissan sentra done for $120 for all except the windshield.

·
Super White Taco
2005 Tacoma
817 Posts
I had mine done professionally 2 months ago with Llumar tint...20% on all windows (front, back, & suicide door windows) including an 8" louver on windshield. Cost was $160 with tax (lifetime warranty on the tint...if it fades or changes color...free replacement). I'll say this also..the rear windows already had stock privacy glass and after adding the 20% on top of it you can hardly see out and definitely cannot see in the truck, even in the brightest part of the day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I've had Llumar tint before on my 01 taco had 5% all around the visiblity sucked compared to the 5% tint I have now, both are dark from the outside and looks great but the tint I recently got has great visiblity to the outside even the 5% at night which I have on the fronty windows. The tint guy said that the most rescent tint technology is improving the visiblity from the inside with the same darkness from the outside.

·
Registered
Tacom Sport
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SilverToy, I see that have a location in Phoenix and Scottsdale. I'll give them a call. Their prices are bad at all for the quality of tint and lifetime warranty. A warranty is important, even for a quality install. Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

·
Official TN Member
2005 Tacoma DC
40 Posts
I attempted to wrestle w/the precut tint...it's not worth it. Went through to sets and was still not happy w/the results. Found a place that did the front two at 20% (closest match to the back factory tint) $60.

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
Check out the Pinnacle Formula I ceramic tint....there's probably a dealer in your area.

Very high quality and doesn't interfere with electronics since it has no metallic component...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts