Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the noise, the water streaks aHHHHH
ok so when its raining and the wipers are on, it like.. hops... how can i describe it... it makes like.. this.. grrrr sound.. its so annoying....

am i supposed to wax my windows or something? i mean.. i JUST replaced my wipers.. is it my new wipers, my window? -sigh-

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol its those like... walmart ones... i reckon that they shouldn't be THAT bad? the rainx or whatever, the ones that pepboys has too

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Get some ANCO refills, the basic rubber ones. They reduced the chatter on a 03 Civic EX my g/f had. I tried the ones below, with not much luck...

NAPA teflon refills
NAPA regular refills
OEM Honda refills

ANCO winter blades worked well also.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,850 Posts
AyzhenInvasion said:
lol its those like... walmart ones... i reckon that they shouldn't be THAT bad? the rainx or whatever, the ones that pepboys has too
Don't cheap out on wiper blades, man. Go to your Toyota dealer and buy real ones.

-Charlie

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Don't get refills, get the whole blade! I just purchased a pair of NAPA exactfit today!
You get what you pay for!

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
AyzhenInvasion said:
oh ok so its the blades then
cause they were like 20$ blades

alright thanks guys, i'll give new blades a try

What kind did you buy?.........tell me more about this .....grrrrrrr... noise...is the blade hopping or the whole arm?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok i just bought the blade = since summer? unless i'm stupid, i don't think thats too long for wipers is it?

it hops (makes water streaks when raining) for umm.. 25 degress or so, then its fine, going down is fine too, so it makes that hopping noise.. its not screech, its low, its not continuous (cause it hops) and it doesn't hop far, its like... small hops

right when i got the wipers, they were fine, for about a few months.. i guess what i'm trying to ask is... is a few months the general lifetime of wipers, seems kinda short, if it isn't, is it because i gotta wax my window or something

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
AyzhenInvasion said:
ok i just bought the blade = since summer? unless i'm stupid, i don't think thats too long for wipers is it?

it hops (makes water streaks when raining) for umm.. 25 degress or so, then its fine, going down is fine too, so it makes that hopping noise.. its not screech, its low, its not continuous (cause it hops) and it doesn't hop far, its like... small hops

right when i got the wipers, they were fine, for about a few months.. i guess what i'm trying to ask is... is a few months the general lifetime of wipers, seems kinda short, if it isn't, is it because i gotta wax my window or something

Before spending more money, try cleaning the rubber with isopropyl alcohol. Usually wipers last aleast a yr or more depends where you live and the sun and heat exposure!.......OH! just noticed, Florida..they may be cooked if the alcohol doesn't help!

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Like eyeball said try the alcohol. I usually replace my wiper blades twice a year. Once in the beginning of wonter and then at the beginning of summer or so. How ever long six months is. We get a lot of rain here in The nashville area so they are used quite a bit. I use the basic Anco wip[er blades and have good luck with them except at high speeds. I should go with the aero advantage or wahtever they call them. You could always go back to the Toyota blades and then jsut do the refills for them but Toyot ais very proud of their blades.

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,643 Posts
my wipers do that as well, i bought both $24 ea. at Autozone about 5 or 6 months back. I think they were made by Bosch (think thats how u spell it)

·
Lost to follow up!
96 Camry Coupes
12,154 Posts
Wiper blades build up with "road grime" I wash the rubber on my blades, every time I wash my car, (old habit), Haven't had a problem with them! Years ago before the habit, they hopped!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
eyeball96 said:
Wiper blades build up with "road grime" I wash the rubber on my blades, every time I wash my car, (old habit), Haven't had a problem with them! Years ago before the habit, they hopped!

The "road grime" you are talking about usually contains oil dropped on the road by cars (not Camrys of course). That's why the alcohol works well to clean the blades and keep them from vibrating. If alcohol isn't available, you can squirt some windshield washer fluid on a rag right from the car's squirters and wipe the rubber with that. I have used this method in a pinch on a road trip. It works almost as well as the alcohol.

Mike

·
Call Me Evolution Racer
Lancer Evolution
609 Posts
It's not always crappy blades that do that. PIAA and Bosch blades are great but if road grim collects on the windshield, there is a huge chance that they are causing the wiper blade from moving fluidly.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
TRDCamryCL said:
It's not always crappy blades that do that. PIAA and Bosch blades are great but if road grim collects on the windshield, there is a huge chance that they are causing the wiper blade from moving fluidly.

Good point. Cleaning the window with alcohol or windshield washer fluid and a clean rag should help too.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts