Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I believe I may have a new one for everyone. I was cleaning the massive amount of bugs off the front window and after getting in the truck I noticed 2 scratches across the front of the window right in my line of sight. Anywhere else and I could of just dealt with it but its really distracting plus I highly doubt that it'll pass inspection as is. I went to an auto parts store tonight and talked with a few employees and they said that I could use a buffing compound used to fix scratches in paint on my windshield. Is this possible? I'm leaving for Orlando Sunday and I'd really like to get this fixed.

Thanks,
JSlu

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would try it in the corner, out of your view first. If it does make it worse, by scratching it, you'll be screwed.

·
Registered
2004 Tacoma 4x4
95 Posts
Ouch!

First off, is it a scratch or is it a scratch?

What I mean is that if your fingernail can catch on the scratch your pretty much out of luck, replacement is the only option.

If your fingernail does not catch you may be able to buff out using jewelers rogue. Not an easy or fast option, takes a fair amount of time.

Now on the other hand if you have glass coverage on your insurance and you happened to park near a rock throwing contest and..............

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I'm calling the insurance company on Monday. Talking to some family members I think I'm just going to suck it up and drive down to Orlando as is. Driving around in the sun its not that bad as I originally thought. Although I know where it is and now I look at it a lot while driving.

And yes, it is a SCRATCH. My fingernail catches both of the scratches. Hopefully I'll have the glass coverage on my insurance, I've already got a rock chip in the window on the passenger side so hopefully that'll pass enough to get it replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts