Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Streets Of Miami !!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the dealer today and I asked if they can enable windows down with key.. great they took my car in mind you I have the smart key system.. the guy came back and told me that they couldn’t find where to enable it...

Any idea ? So I can do the dealers job on how to enable it ?

·
Registered
723 Posts
So I went to the dealer today and I asked if they can enable windows down with key.. great they took my car in mind you I have the smart key system.. the guy came back and told me that they couldn’t find where to enable it...

Any idea ? So I can do the dealers job on how to enable it ?
This is so laughable that the dealer has no clue. You should do yourself a favor and not go there again. They should have master trained technicians there that should know how. I did it on my own and it's so simple. It's actually under windows. Don't know how much more detailed I can get. There you'll find options to enable and disable the window up and down feature with the key. Sorry to come off wrong if you take it that way. Just hard to believe they don't know how. They could have even looked it up on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
The Streets Of Miami !!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is so laughable that the dealer has no clue. You should do yourself a favor and not go there again. They should have master trained technicians there that should know how. I did it on my own and it's so simple. It's actually under windows. Don't know how much more detailed I can get. There you'll find options to enable and disable the window up and down feature with the key. Sorry to come off wrong if you take it that way. Just hard to believe they don't know how.

Nah your good, it’s just frustrating that you’re telling me that this cannot be enabled because they don’t know or there telling me my car doesn’t come with it.. like what kinda stupidness is that? Plus I even have the smart key system. I might be taking another trip to the dealer to see if they have any idea and if they know how to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nah your good, it’s just frustrating that you’re telling me that this cannot be enabled because they don’t know or there telling me my car doesn’t come with it.. like what kinda stupidness is that? Plus I even have the smart key system. I might be taking another trip to the dealer to see if they have any idea and if they know how to.

It definitely can be done. It would be worth you actually getting the mini vci cable and tech stream for yourself. Worth the investment and frustration of going to the dealer to get them to do anything. I got mine on ebay for $35. You can program keys and key fobs, disable warning alarms and so much more.

·
The Streets Of Miami !!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely can be done. It would be worth you actually getting the mini vci cable and tech stream for yourself. Worth the investment and frustration of going to the dealer to get them to do anything. I got mine on ebay for $35. You can program keys and key fobs, disable warning alarms and so much more.

Nice, do you happen to have a link still? I’ll end up purchasing it and doing it myself.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
The Streets Of Miami !!
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Camry SE, do you know if I would be able to turn on the blind spot and cross trafficing along with the windows down with the smart key? I don't have a fob though

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have the Camry SE, do you know if I would be able to turn on the blind spot and cross trafficing along with the windows down with the smart key? I don't have a fob though
No. The SE isn't equipped with the sensors for blind spot and cross traffic alert. You can program for windows down with the key though. I've done this on my 2018 SE and XSE

·
Registered
40 Posts
No. The SE isn't equipped with the sensors for blind spot and cross traffic alert. You can program for windows down with the key though. I've done this on my 2018 SE and XSE

Just thought I’d point out you can equip the SE with blind spot monitor and RCTA its an option package though.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Just thought I’d point out you can equip the SE with blind spot monitor and RCTA its an option package though.
I understand that but the poster was under the impression that the equipment was already there and just needed to be enabled. I get you can do a lot of different things if you don't have it such as people putting XSE taillights on their SE. I was just stating it's not as easy as using TechStream and just turning it on.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Hi, so does the dealer actually charge you anything to program to get the windows down with the fob?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hi, so does the dealer actually charge you anything to program to get the windows down with the fob?
That will depend on your dealer. Most may charge a fee becasue they have to pay the tech to do it. I did my changes in my own. Some dealers may tell you it can't be done becasue they either don't want to do it or don't know.

·
Toyota Ninja
169 Posts

Can you please link it

·
Registered
723 Posts
There are many on ebay, is the software version important ?

Thanks ToycamXSE for providing this information.
Software version is important. The version mine came with was 12.30.17 a newer one just released and I purchased it. Version Feb 2018. You may have to purchase that separately if you can't find a mini vci cable with that version software

·
Registered
30 Posts
Software version is important. The version mine came with was 12.30.17 a newer one just released and I purchased it. Version Feb 2018. You may have to purchase that separately if you can't find a mini vci cable with that version software

Can you list the differences between the 2 versions? How much did you pay for the software?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts