Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My windshield is leaking slightly from the top edge. If the car is parked in heavy rain, water seeps through around the passenger visor and drips on the seat. Car is usually garaged at work so it's more of an annoyance, but taping over the area that may be leaking from the outside isn't working very well and I need a more permanent fix.

Before I pull the moldings, I'd like to know where to buy them (checked ebay) and if Corolla moldings/clips are the same (my car is a 94 Prizm). My buddy used to do windshield repair so I hope to be able to reseal without pulling the windshield out. I also bought some stuff from Advance that seems like it's intended for this problem.

Thanks in advance for any info/advice/experience you may have regarding this issue.

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,384 Posts
While I havent pulled a corolla windshield, all the modern ones are glued in with a urethane goo. If you are having leakage it is from either of two things: The last install was done poorly, or the windshield sheet metal is rusted away.

Of course removal of the windshield is the only way to find out.

Cheap fixes typically dont work at all or not for very long.

-SP

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks - is the windshield sheet metal part of a new windshield assembly? I'd have to remove the whole windshield to find out - not just the moldings? if I remove the top molding will it be possible to replace?

·
Just play along....
corolla
3,384 Posts
The moldings come off to make repairs to the windshield. DO NOT TRY to pry them off with a screwdriver. You'll ruin them.

As stated earlier- the windshield has to be removed to fix the problem correctly.

-SP

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you're saying they can be re-used if taken off professionally? I just don't want to be without a car for a few days while they try to locate the moldings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts