Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently my windshield noozles arent spraying any water. I know what you're thinking; is it dry? no, i filled it up, but nothing is coming out. Im not sure if the lines are clogged up or what? Does anyone have any ideas? something i can pour into it to unclog it?
have anyone experienced this type of problem.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
my windsheild washers don't work either. I didn't really need them so i just pulled out everything. Saved me some weight. lol

·
Registered
Highlander
1,599 Posts
It sounds like the pump is bad, you may have to replace it.

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
that happened to me once :p:
it ended up being one of the plastic connects on the tube which divides the water flow to the 2 nozzles ;), it is located on the underside of the hood lid.

i noticed because when i pressed the washer button for a while and no water came out, it was leaking all the water onto the ground under my car :lol:

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,267 Posts
On my Gen 3, the plastic reservoir cracked and small pieces of plastic got into the tubing...and probably all the way up to the nozzle. What I did to clean it out was poke the holes with a needle, remove the hoses from the nozzle, and sprayed water through it. Pull the hoses from the nozzles and test it out. If your nozzles are bad, please don't make it an excuse to buy LED ones. :)

Did you just wax your car? Maybe wax got in it?

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
open ur hood and wind down the window...now reach one hand in and put ur finger on the windscreen washer button.... if u hear a mechanical noise then the pump should be fine. next step would be to take off the hose at progressive locations working ur way up to each nozzle and press the button so the water will flush out whatever might be clogging, and will also let u see where the blockage is if there might be one.

other than that i usually do what Silver streak does. If u have access to some compressed air just blow it throught the intake side of the nozzle.

all the best...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts