Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 avalon limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got hit by a rock the other day. crack in windshield about two feet long have avalon hybrid 2016 with the tech package and all options. safelite to replace the glass in the driveway next week. anything i need to watch out for web site talks about going to dealer after to calibrate the camera? safelite rep says their tech will do it. any other sensors

·
Inveterate Tinkerer
2014 Avalon Limited
1,085 Posts
<snip>safelite to replace the glass in the driveway next week. anything i need to watch out for
Just make sure they replace your old windshield with the correct one. You have openings in the tint for sensors behind the windshield that don't exist in some models. At least one forum member reported his auto windshield wiper didn't work. It turned out the sensor had been tucked up inside the headliner, apparently during a windshield change.

As long as Safelite knows you have the tech package they should have the correct replacement for you.

BTW, my '14 w tech didn't require any calibrations after a replacement was installed (Safelite). Everything works fine.

Cheers!

·
BeerSteakTxas
2012 Camry LE
10,525 Posts
Inspect the windshield before installation. Even if the replacement windshield would have Pilkington name in the corner, it doesn't mean that it's a OEM windshield that Toyota use. No matter what they say to you Pilkington Toyota and Pilkington OEM replacement are not the same product. Check the curved parts of the windshield for blurry and distorted areas.
And give a very very, extremely detailed inspection to any china made glass.
If you want to make sure that a tech would do a clean installation, tell him that you would you tip him $20.

·
Registered
2016 avalon limited
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and so it goes sigh!!!

originally safelite says it can do it in the driveway. i confirmed it with rep. then got concerned and called the shop that would actually do it. they said the camera system would need to be statically calibrated and could only do in the shop. drive to shop on saturday am and uber home. when i get home, the tech calls and says they have wrong windshield and will need to get correct one from Toyota. ugh!!!!! they knew it was the tech package back to safelite, pick up car and now waiting. ugh!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts