Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Corolla - I can hear the windshield washer pump running but nothing comes out. Is the washer hose supposed to look like this? Any recommendations on how to approach fixing it?
879C781A-5083-49E4-8327-8A48084A6BDF.jpeg EB03CEEC-661B-4D85-8F95-AB487CC04E81.jpeg

·
Registered
343 Posts
I suppose you could cut it and route new hose with some couplers and see if that works ?

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
743 Posts
Can't tell what's wrong from photos, but it's a simple system. Hose goes from washer fluid reservoir to a spot under hood where it's split into two hoses, and goes to two nozzles.
Follow the hoses, replace what's broken or cut, or just disconnected.
These hoses are inexpensive, don't buy a $5 fitting to patch a section, when you can replace it all for $6-$10 worth of new hose.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,106 Posts
Your nozzles are clogged. Go to your local junkyard and get 05-08 windshield washer nozzles. They clog less compared to 03-04 which has 3 nozzle jets.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info. Yeah, the pictures are bad. The hose is bent to a 90° and all taped up with electrical tape.

I’m assuming pull the bumper to attach to the pump and run the new hose up to the junction, shouldn’t be too hard.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,106 Posts
You'll need to pull the fender liner also. If you plan to replace the hoses.

·
Official PITA
Solara 'Vert & ES350
743 Posts
Anyone ever pull Romex wire in a house. One way is to attach new wire to old (tape, wire), and pull far end of old wire. Might work for this rubber hose too. Lubricate close passages with silicone spray.
May be worth a try, worse case, go back to removing bumper, liners, etc.

Good luck !

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,106 Posts
It's not a tight fit as you think. The hose is run along the inside of the fender on the passenger side.

Once the fender liner is removed, there's more room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts