Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2020 Camry SE and noticed that the wipers would bounce and chatter when using intermittent speed during the rain. It only happens when the wipers come to the resting spot. I tried to duplicate the bouncing and chattering in my garage when it was dry but it doesn’t happen. Just happens when it’s raining.

I took it to the dealer to show them my videos and the technician looked at it and said it was normal. The service advisor suggested that it could be the wipers but was unable to replace them under warranty. I purchased my own wiper blades and it didn’t help.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
6,283 Posts
Main things I can suggest:
  1. Different wipers
  2. Windshield rain treatment
  3. Use a blade and clean off any micro particles where the wipers sit along the window (use window cleaner as lubricant)
  4. You can maybe try have a shorter passenger side wiper as it seems long and close to touching the driver side wiper

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Main things I can suggest:
  1. Different wipers
  2. Windshield rain treatment
  3. Use a blade and clean off any micro particles where the wipers sit along the window (use window cleaner as lubricant)
  4. You can maybe try have a shorter passenger side wiper as it seems long and close to touching the driver side wiper
i tried everything you listed. I did do RainX which helped with the noise. But I don’t want a temporary fix....kinda want a permanent one. The car only has 350 miles on it as well.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
i tried everything you listed. I did do RainX which helped with the noise. But I don’t want a temporary fix....kinda want a permanent one. The car only has 350 miles on it as well.
So does that mean you tried different wipers or different length wipers? I don't know how long or how close Gen 8 Camry wipers are supposed to be but yours got barely 1" between the two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does that mean you tried different wipers or different length wipers? I don't know how long or how close Gen 8 Camry wipers are supposed to be but yours got barely 1" between the two.
I bought new wiper blades and changed it out. I also removed the passenger side and left the arm up so only the driver side was touching the windshield. The driver side also did it.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Watch your video at .25 speed, the driver wiper is hitting the passenger wiper. Get a shorter wiper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine does the same.
did you ever take it to the dealer? It’s weird because the dealer said it’s because the blades are flipping sides. I would think if I tried to duplicate the noise when it’s dry there would be more friction but it runs smoother when dry.

Looks like I’ll just apply RainX needed because it does annoy me

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Your wiper is hitting the wiper.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your wiper is hitting the wiper.
It does look like it but I lifted the passenger side side and left it up and the driver side still does it. So even if it is hitting each other it still chatter and bounces when there is only one wiper blade in use.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
So if you lift both wipers up, they still make sound? If so, there may be an issue with the wiper blade motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So if you lift both wipers up, they still make sound? If so, there may be an issue with the wiper blade motor.
You can’t operate the wipers with the driver side up because the arm is below the hood so I think it’ll make contact with the hood. Or at least I haven’t tried and probably won’t because you can’t lift it without being in service mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Remove the driver side wiper blade, place something soft under the hook and see what you find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hard to believe dealer won't fix a brand new car. That sucks
I actually went to TWO dealerships....and the first one where I bought the car said it was normal and the assistant manager was willing to exchange wipers but the manager overruled him and said no. So I bought my own from the parts store there.
The second one, the service advisor didn’t even want to listen to me and ignored me the whole time. Told me I had to leave my car overnight and I didn’t feel comfortable with it because of his attitude. He didn’t even want to look at my videos.

I am going to call the first dealership back and talk to the manager regarding the issue and see what they can do.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Remove the driver side wiper blade, place something soft under the hook and see what you find.
And tape it on so it can’t slip out .........lest there be . I know it sounds stupid but if that pad does slip out it’s gonna scratch before you can stop it.
That hood overlap is one thing I HATE with this model. No big deal in warm climates but if you live up north it’s a pain especially if you have to park outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I actually went to TWO dealerships....and the first one where I bought the car said it was normal and the assistant manager was willing to exchange wipers but the manager overruled him and said no. So I bought my own from the parts store there.
The second one, the service advisor didn’t even want to listen to me and ignored me the whole time. Told me I had to leave my car overnight and I didn’t feel comfortable with it because of his attitude. He didn’t even want to look at my videos.

I am going to call the first dealership back and talk to the manager regarding the issue and see what they can do.
You can always call Toyota.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts