Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone notice that the wipers wont lift to the 90° position? It makes it harder to change the wipers, and it will also make it harder to knock off ice when it forms on the wipers because the wipers barely move up. I've never owned a car that the wipers wont lock in 90° up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Speaking of wipers do you guys change the rubber refill or get a non oem complete replacement blade ?

I got a pair of Michelin branded blades from Costco but haven't opened yet, still deciding.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,802 Posts
Speaking of wipers do you guys change the rubber refill or get a non oem complete replacement blade ?
I recently just changed out the wiper refill. I usually just buy new wiper blades like the Bosch Icon from my local auto store or amazon but I wanted to keep the OEM wiper blades for a littler longer.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Lexus professional detailers agree nothing beats the wiping action and quietness of genuine Toyota replacement rubber inserts (no need to buy a new blade).

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
1,802 Posts
You could try waxing the windshield or use a silica spray sealant like carpro reload, Adams ceramic boost or Nova Jet on the windshield and on the wiper blades. Gives it a nice smooth finish and will most likely remove the rubber hitting the glass sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts