Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2016 Limited 4Runner with stock 245/60/R20 tires on stock rims. Wondering if owners went to 17 x 7 rim with same offset as factory. Most dealers are recommending 265/70/R17 to me which is factory size on SR5 and Trail models. I really didn't want to go wider, especially for winter, and was leaning towards 245/75/R17. Same overall diameter as the 20's just with taller sidewall. Curious to rims and tire size Limited owners are running in winter.

Thanks

·
3,406 Posts
Hey dowd -

Yeah, this thread is a ghost town. Not too many 5th Gen Runners I guess.

Why the rim change, and not just a winter tire on exiting rims? Easier to swap rims, keep them ready to go? I don't have an answer, but I tend to just chat with the tire guys at places like Discount as they do so many of these things they get to know it pretty well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More selection of winter tires in 17 inch rim than 20, cheaper tires, no wear and tear to rims and tires by constantly changing back and forth, save my 20 inch rims from pitting from road salt. My plan is to have two sets of rims and tires, 20 inch summers and 17 inch winters, both on own rims.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
dowdib
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing