Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I find the tires look too tall relative to the rims. For this year at least I just picked up my new 245/50/20 Blizzak LM60's for $315/each locally. The dealer quoted me $60 for changeover. I'll be very interested to get everyon's comments regarding the 17" rim/tire combo's after the winter season.

Hey agray56,

Let me know how the Blizzak LM60's work for you on the Venza. I've been talking to my service guy about them, it will be $1298.00 for the four installed. A bit steep, but I'm in Denver and had Blizzaks on my 4Runner and it was like night and day on the snow and ice here. We haven't really had any measurable snow yet, so not even sure how the stock tires (Goodyear) do here.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey agray56,

Let me know how the Blizzak LM60's work for you on the Venza. I've been talking to my service guy about them, it will be $1298.00 for the four installed. A bit steep, but I'm in Denver and had Blizzaks on my 4Runner and it was like night and day on the snow and ice here. We haven't really had any measurable snow yet, so not even sure how the stock tires (Goodyear) do here.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim,

Will do. I expect to do the changeover soon, as snow has been forecast already here and the Venza is due to go in for service soon so will do the tires at the same time. I guess I got a decent deal on the tires here judging by what you were quoted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read through all the postings so hopefully I am not repeating anyone..... but wonder about this: I just contacted my local Toyota dealer and they recommended 17" Michellin (245/45/R17) on steel rims for about $1400 installed. Does this sound about right? Also mentioned that it would be an extra $400 if I wanted the tire pressure guage installed and if not, no problem, but will the pressure sensor will remain on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Sorry, I didn't read through all the postings so hopefully I am not repeating anyone..... but wonder about this: I just contacted my local Toyota dealer and they recommended 17" Michellin (245/45/R17) on steel rims for about $1400 installed. Does this sound about right? Also mentioned that it would be an extra $400 if I wanted the tire pressure guage installed and if not, no problem, but will the pressure sensor will remain on.
It depends from what point of view.
Looking at my tire fitment calculator, starting from 245 50 20 going to 245 45 17 gives a -13.4% drive ratio. That seems way too high.

Get the Michelin model and compare the price on tirerack.com yourself (don't forget to include shipping and taxes in your comparison).

The cheapest 17" wheels are the Rav4 ones at 73$, add 8$ per wheel for lug nuts, anti-theft lugs not included.

70$ installation should be considered normal.

The way your dealer quotes it makes it harder to compare. Now you know how to figure it out. Let us know what you determine.

·
Toyota #13 & Counting
50 Posts
I think the tire size you are looking for is 245/65-17 which is a very close match to the rolling circumference of the OEM tires. Some of the Venza owners on this forum have gone with a 235/65-17 tire because there is a larger variety of available winter tires in that size, and it's only about 2% smaller circumference than OEM size (i.e. speedo error). The $1400 sounds a bit high with the steel rims - should be a bit closer to $1000 USD or $1050 CAD. Read through the responses in this forum to get an idea of what others have been paying.

Also, here a link to a neat tool to help determine equivalent tire sizes:
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

·
Registered
261 Posts
The $1400 sounds a bit high with the steel rims - should be a bit closer to $1000 USD or $1050 CAD. Read through the responses in this forum to get an idea of what others have been paying.
Toyota Chomedey (Laval, Qc) Quoted 1500$CAN Rim+wheel+mounting (and I guess taxes). I wish canadian retailer would adjust their prices with the current exchange rate with US$, but it seems that it doesn't work like that...

jf

·
Venzoid
653 Posts
Jmichael121
:welcome:
I just bought rav 17 inch rims and Blizzak DMV1s 245/65 R17 and Wow they are substanial tires. Carried them into the basement for now and it almost gave me a heart attack! The rubber is very soft on the blizzaks so Im going to wait at least a month to put them on, and take them off in March. $1400 CAD with taxes at Clarington Toyota just East of toronto. No press sensors. And free seasonal swapping. The rims do not have "Toyota" stamped on them anywhere. Does anyone know if all Toyota rims have "Toyota" stamped on them?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jmichael121
:welcome:
I just bought rav 17 inch rims and Blizzak DMV1s 245/65 R17 and Wow they are substanial tires. Carried them into the basement for now and it almost gave me a heart attack! The rubber is very soft on the blizzaks so Im going to wait at least a month to put them on, and take them off in March. $1400 CAD with taxes at Clarington Toyota just East of toronto. No press sensors. And free seasonal swapping. The rims do not have "Toyota" stamped on them anywhere. Does anyone know if all Toyota rims have "Toyota" stamped on them?
If they look similar to these
http://www.venza.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=119&d=1254097932
then they are OEM Rav4 rims. They do not say Toyota on them anywhere. Just the box they came in.
thanks,
dom
I stayed away from the dealers and local CDN garages for the tires since they are double of what you get them for from tirerack.com.
It still pays to have them shipped to you in Canada as opposed to buying the here !!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I went through 3 caps before I found the Toyota caps that fit the 17" RAV steel wheel.

Correct part number is

4260B-0R010.

This part number is incorrect.

42603-48010

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Those rims I actually bought from a dealer. They were giving them away at $72 a pop, $4 above cost. He had 5 53' trailers in his parking area with just rims. My dealer wanted $90 and on sale for $85.
It's the tires I did not want to buy from them.
thanks,
dom

·
Registered
10 Posts
Toronto dealer prices

steel rims (RAV4 17") plus Blizzak and sensor kit, taxes, install = $2,090.50

needless to say I'll be shopping around....:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Greetings: I am awaiting delivery of 2009 AWD V6 with Touring package and will also be in the market for winter rims / tires. I wondered if you have made any further progress on the Rav 4 17" too tall narrow dilemma. I am going to check with my dealer tomorrow and see if the base Tundra 18" wheel will fit, it is steel but I don't know its width, bolt diameter or offset, hopefully dealer will know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
181 - 200 of 654 Posts
About this Discussion
653 Replies
140 Participants
hauoli_akua
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing