Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, quick question.

i took off my wipers - the whole assembly - to paint them which meant i had to unhook the arms from the things that attach to the vehicle. my quesiton is

does the shorter blade go on the driver side or passenger side, because in all my sorting, i forgot which was which. cuz the arm assembly that attaches to the car is marked 'd' and 'p' but the blades arent.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, and should i just re-align to the 'wiper streaks' when i attach them?

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe, i just meant when i re-attach the arms, to make sure they're in the right position. so they're not like goign in the wrong direction.

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
mine had a D and an P on the arms to make things simplier. or it might have been R and L, but either way, its probably labled.

and when you put them on, make sure not to over tighten them. if you do they wont work.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, now im lost. i cant figure out how the wiper arms attach to the wiper system. they look like they hook in somehow, but im having trouble with it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
? I thought that the arms were connected with a simple bolt, maybe i was looking at it wrong.

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya they are.

i mean, ok..you know the wiper is in two pieces. the arms, and then there's the piece that the blade connects to. im trying to reattach that piece to the wiper arm.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh the sheperds hook? Thats easy you need the small bullet shaped plastic piece. You just push it in and it clamps up, to get it off you push down on the little exposed plastic piece. Im not sure if this is what your talking about though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts