Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Official TN user
95 Camry V6 LE
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am wanting to paint my wiper arms because the black paint is peeling off, but I am unsure on how to remove the wiper arms. After looking at them I found a bolt which seems to hold the arm to the car. Do I just unscrew this bolt to get it off, after all I dont want to screw up anything

Thanks for any tips guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Usually the trick is pulling the arm off after you remove the nut as they are spring loaded.
Use elbow grease.
Just be carefull you align the splines on the post and splines in the arm going back on. You don't want to strip them.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
yup, just take those big bolts off...

then you have to use even pressure to get them off their splines, and a bit of jiggling

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I have found one of those old fashioned battery cable pullers is helpful in removing the wiper arms, once the nut has been removed. Also, mark the positon of the wiper blades on the windshield with masking tape, to aid in getting the arms back in the same position when reinstalling.

Mike

·
Proud Toyota Owner
A Toyota Camry
243 Posts
FWIW, you'll need a 10mm wrench or socket.
I know this is fascinating... is it me or every bolt on the Camry is 10mm!?!?! Except of course for the bolts that need to be bigger because of stress. I have 3 sets of metric sockets and not one has a 10mm socket...so when I changed my starter I ended up going to my neighbor to ask for one:disappoin

But now I bought a high quality guaranteed for life f*** hardcore stanley socket, that I keep in a safe place:D

So for the record, a Do It Yourselfer needs:

1-A Haynes Manual
2-Basic hand tools
3-A REALLY good 10mm socket

so it is said...:preach:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts