Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my old wiper motor was starting to die a slow death and I picked up a replacement.
Took the old one off by unbolting the 4 bolts, took the wiper arms off, and slide the motor out enough to disconnect the nut from the linkage arm. Put the new one on and the wiper blades work fine, but they stop in the middle of the windows!
Do I have to have the linkage or motor set at a certain position? I never touched the linkage arm, just undid the nut that held the wiper motor to the linkage, then put the new one on.....Any help would be much appreciated. I tried putting the motor back on with the linkage in a differnent position, but then the blades want to wipe my hood, and not the window....:headbang:
This is on a 94 Pick up.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Sorry, coming late to party. For the sake of other folks who might have to replace the motor or linkage, it's very important to make sure the old motor is parked, then mark the location of the arm before removing it from the motor, then attach electrical connector to new motor before connecting arm and turn wipers on, then off, to allow new motor to park, then attach arm in exactly same position on new motor as it was on the old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts