Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Corolla
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Corolla and the front wipers for months have been going really slow at all speeds. So today I bought a new motor and installed it. It is stilll going slow. What else could be the problem. AMy roomate mentioning something about lubing the control arms. Can you do that? Any help would be appreciated cause I don't want to bring it to the garage.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,250 Posts
maybe wiper blades too big?? I am not sure if that's also a cause. but the proper blades are 18" passenger side and 20" for driver side

·
Registered
519 Posts
I had that problem a while ago. It is a lubrication problem. Basically you need to remove the front plastic trim just below the windshield base to access the mechanism of the wiper arms. You then need to grease it. It is not hard at all to do. It consists of removing a couple of philips screws and yank out the plastic trim. You might need to open the hood to have easy access.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same problem for one or two years and thought it was the wiper motors or rust in the wiper mechanism. However, it turned out that my alternator was no longer functioning correctly in order to completely charge the battery. (I discovered this when I was driving one day and suddenly the radio, headlights, and speedometer all turned off for a couple of seconds) I had to get the alternator replaced and the battery as well and suddenly the wipers were working fast again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem. It was the wiper linkage that was stuck. I had to change it with one of salvage.

The wiper linkage is the set of arms below your windshield.

Be carefull to notice the position of the old one when u'll remove it.
Same thing happened to me and the above replacement was the solution.

·
Registered
121 Posts
"lubing the control arms" is a good method, because the motor is new, the problem maybe the joint, you can lube them first.

·
Registered
95 corolla
135 Posts
:) Wipers on my 95 Rolla

"lubing the control arms" is a good method, because the motor is new, the problem maybe the joint, you can lube them first.
I would do the same Lube the control arms. Last week i bought some Bosch Wipers
Evolution Wiper Blades

Step up to Bosch patented bracketless technology, for exceptional all-weather visibility and DirectConnect™ easy one-step installation.

Bought passenger side 20" and Tried 19" on the driver side and it works fine!

The one better then above is:

ICON Wiper Blades

Patented bracketless OE technology with fx dual rubber for ultimate all-season performance that lasts up to 20% longer than other premium wiper blades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts