Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up car today..

when I start and only running the battery I can feel a continuing electrical sound coming from like under the center screen close to center air vent.. anyone have this kind of sound?? Is it normal??

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you’re talking about the electric motor-like sound when you first open the driver’s door or when stepping on the brake when you first get in, that’s the brake booster priming and building pressure.

In gas-only cars, the engine produces vacuum to build brake pressure, but with the Hybrid, the engine normally doesn’t start, so the brake booster is electric to make sure your brakes have pressure to operate right.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hybrid
208 Posts
If you’re talking about the electric motor-like sound when you first open the driver’s door or when stepping on the brake when you first get in, that’s the brake booster priming and building pressure.

In gas-only cars, the engine produces vacuum to build brake pressure, but with the Hybrid, the engine normally doesn’t start, so the brake booster is electric to make sure your brakes have pressure to operate right.
That's the sound I have been wondering and wanted to ask about. Thanks
the sound also comes on several seconds after shutdown, do you know what's with that ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's the sound I have been wondering and wanted to ask about. Thanks
the sound also comes on several seconds after shutdown, do you know what's with that ?
I hear that too. The manual says the car will make sounds after shut-off for a while as it does it’s thing... it’s normal. Like ukrkoz says, hybrids make lots of different sounds and it’s normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts