Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wireless CarPlay adapter available for Apple CarPlay equipped Corolla’s 2019+ see link: https://carplay2air.com/

Works on other vehicles as well as long as they came with Apple CarPlay from the factory, list of supported vehicles is in the link.

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Evidently the adapter also adds Android Auto capability as well. Going to order one today, will report back after testing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Awesome! Please do and thank you! I only found limited info on it on a Ford forum. I'd be interested in it for the Android Auto integration...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess I am a natural skeptic, but not sure I believe the Android Auto. Perhaps its working as a mirror link, but the Air2Play web site says the device works with Android 4.2 and above, yet Android Auto is only supported on 5.0 and above (at least when I've tried to install). And this from the web also raises a caution flag:

"If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days."

My legal brain tells me that "certain amount" could be any finite number. Oh, well, if it works, who cares about returns. Thanks for trying this out Under8Ed.

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just placed an order after speaking with their customer service rep who assured me 100% the adapter works with my 2019 Hatchback XSE and converts Apple CarPlay to work wirelessly and does in fact add Android Auto to the vehicle. He said they have tested it with every single vehicle that has been added to the supported list of vehicles on their website and everything works perfectly. They also offer 15 day refund if unsatisfied for any reason. Super excited for this!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just placed an order after speaking with their customer service rep who assured me 100% the adapter works with my 2019 Hatchback XSE and converts Apple CarPlay to work wirelessly and does in fact add Android Auto to the vehicle. He said they have tested it with every single vehicle that has been added to the supported list of vehicles on their website and everything works perfectly. They also offer 15 day refund if unsatisfied for any reason. Super excited for this!
Thank you for the info and stepping up to test this out for us. If Android Auto works as they say it does, I'll be buying one to cover the C-HR side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help me out, I am correct in understanding that this dongle allows an Android phone to connect to an Apple Carplay only head unit (e.g. 2019 HB)? And if it does, is it like a full featured Android Auto experience (separate from the original Carplay) or is it more janky --like does it route all of your Android apps into a Apple Carplay-like experience?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Help me out, I am correct in understanding that this dongle allows an Android phone to connect to an Apple Carplay only head unit (e.g. 2019 HB)? And if it does, is it like a full featured Android Auto experience (separate from the original Carplay) or is it more janky --like does it route all of your Android apps into a Apple Carplay-like experience?
Yes, exactly that's what this product claims...

·
Registered
'19 Corolla HB
38 Posts
I will be closely watching this thread to see if Android Auto is, indeed, supported. If it does, they can take my $160. Please post an update soon!

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Item is still in shipping phase:
  • 23:30
    2019-11-18
    Hand over to airline.
  • 14:45
    2019-11-18
    Information Received
  • 14:23
    2019-11-18
    Depart from facility to service provider.
  • 01:45
    2019-11-16
    Fpx picked up shipment.
    2019-11-16
    Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
  • 14:41
    2019-11-14
    Parcel information received

As soon as I receive it, I will test it and post an update.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Item is still in shipping phase:
  • 23:30
    2019-11-18
    Hand over to airline.
  • 14:45
    2019-11-18
    Information Received
  • 14:23
    2019-11-18
    Depart from facility to service provider.
    2019-11-16
    Fpx picked up shipment.
    2019-11-16
    Shipment arrived at facility and measured.
  • 14:41
    2019-11-14
    Parcel information received

As soon as I receive it, I will test it and post an update.
You are a Corolla headunit hero for trying this out. Thanks, eagerly awaiting your update.

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any updates on this?
This is literally the worst shipping experience of my life. The tracking is practically useless, they told me yesterday that the package is in my city should arrive by end of day today. Nothing yet, the day is almost over. If I don’t receive it tomorrow it will officially be past their maximum delivery time limit and I will request a full refund. Not happy about how they do shipping at all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear that, my dude. Appreciate the effort though! Made an account just to track this / find some work around. It's cool to find people working together to make their TCHB's better.

·
UNDER8ED
Corolla Hatch XSE
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to hear that, my dude. Appreciate the effort though! Made an account just to track this / find some work around. It's cool to find people working together to make their TCHB's better.
The package shows as delivered yesterday by Canada Post. I did NOT receive this package, no way it was delivered to my address. Contacted Canada Post today they are investigating. Contacted seller told them if I don’t get the package within 24 hours I will be requesting a full refund. Canada Post says it could take until Monday for them to get back to me at the latest. Will update when I get more info. This turned into a nightmare! Literally the worst/longest delivery experience in my life. Not happy at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The package shows as delivered yesterday by Canada Post. I did NOT receive this package, no way it was delivered to my address. Contacted Canada Post today they are investigating. Contacted seller told them if I don’t get the package within 24 hours I will be requesting a full refund. Canada Post says it could take until Monday for them to get back to me at the latest. Will update when I get more info. This turned into a nightmare! Literally the worst/longest delivery experience in my life. Not happy at all.
Oh man that sucks post office always drop the ball.

googling i found this on the Rav 4 site with some video posted in there. with an amazon link to Carlink kit that looks just like this.

Also i think i posted in the facebook group and not here there this guy that sell add on to OEM stuff that turns the Headunit into an android tablet and you can add AA but its like 600. here the link to that

1 - 20 of 29 Posts