Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now that i'm too broke to get it done by someone i wanna try n do this myself..i've seen it done soooo many times n i've helped around with putting one together before n stuff so i have the basic idea...thing is...in my camry there's like this pink wire that i donno what to hook it up2 n such...sooo if anyone knows what wires to hook up2 what when it comes to a kenwood deck..could you please show me the way? ...i know that black goes with black cuz thats the ground wire n stuff but the rest i have no clue now

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CraigW said:
Have the factory wires been cut already ??
well....the guy that had the car before me had a deck in there that was stolen..what's left is the harness wires from the old deck connected to the car's stock harness.

·
Registered
508 Posts
It is best to wire your decks harness to one of the adaptors that allow a simple plug in like Metra. Does your deck have its wiring and connector ??

I cant help you with the Kenwood wiring though please post the model # and I will try to help.

CW

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CraigW said:
It is best to wire your decks harness to one of the adaptors that allow a simple plug in like Metra. Does your deck have its wiring and connector ??

I cant help you with the Kenwood wiring though please post the model # and I will try to help.

CW
Well...my deck's the Kenwood KRCS505..i've got the harness that connects to this deck and the wires comin out of the harness..thing is..there's 12 wires comin out of the kenwood harness when there's only 8 coming out of the car..i have 2 front and 2 rear speakers if that makes a difference..thanx for ur time

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
ok that means you should have 8 wires just for speakers, but for some reason thats not the case? there should be two plugs coming from the car itself

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CraigW said:
Check-out installdr.com they have the factory plugs and pin-outs shown. CW
installdr.com is where i went n i tried what they gave me n still nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts