Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5 Acce
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help???

I have not been able to find a wiring harness for an 2005 Tundra stereo. I DO NOT have the JBL system, I have gone to 2 different places who could not figure out how to hook up the new head unit. The one that American something sells has 2 plugs, neither of which correctly match up to the stock system. (Do they make a wiring harness for an 05)???
They sell an amp bypass harness of some sorts, but that plug when hooked up gives me power but no sound. Neither place could figure out why either. I tried to find an amp to unplug and go from there, pulled the dash off, glove box out, center console....short of pulling out the backseat I couldn't find anything - I don't even think I have an amp! So, without clipping the stock wires and hard wiring the new stereo, I can't figure this out. I could use any and all help please

2005 SR5 Tundra, Access Cab, factory 6 speaker door tweeters, cd, tape, NOT JBL system.

PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Raftco said:
Can anyone help???

I have not been able to find a wiring harness for an 2005 Tundra stereo. I DO NOT have the JBL system, I have gone to 2 different places who could not figure out how to hook up the new head unit. The one that American something sells has 2 plugs, neither of which correctly match up to the stock system. (Do they make a wiring harness for an 05)???
They sell an amp bypass harness of some sorts, but that plug when hooked up gives me power but no sound. Neither place could figure out why either. I tried to find an amp to unplug and go from there, pulled the dash off, glove box out, center console....short of pulling out the backseat I couldn't find anything - I don't even think I have an amp! So, without clipping the stock wires and hard wiring the new stereo, I can't figure this out. I could use any and all help please

2005 SR5 Tundra, Access Cab, factory 6 speaker door tweeters, cd, tape, NOT JBL system.

PLEASE HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:
Does the HU have a 10 pin and 6pin connector or 2 20 pin connectors?

·
Registered
2005 Tundra SR5 Acce
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a good question....and I'm not sure what you are asking.
Let me tell you what I do know.

The new headunit I bought is a Pioneer 7700mp. The stock unit is NOT the JBL system, (which is what I have seen most people having problems with) it is the standard tape deck/cd player radio. In the back, when I took out the stock unit, there were 2 plugs coming from the stock system...one bigger, one small. The American International wiring harness that is "supposed" to match up from 87-05 toyotas...doesn't come close. It has 2 plugs, but they just don't match up.

They did have a harness that matched up to the bigger plug and it had RCA hookups for the rear speakers, we tried to wire that up and bypass the "so called amp" I can't find. That didn't work either, could get power, but no sound from any of the speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts