Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my aftermarket stereo was stolen from my '93 camry xle...instead of un-plugging the harnesses, they just cut the wires...but they cut behind the plug that would go back into the factory stereo (so now i can't hook up anything)...
does anyone know what that part is called? (i'm assuming it's a wiring harness)...but i don't want a huge ordeal where i have to go behind the dash...etc...i just want something that i can splice together with it & get that original plug back...what's my best bet? a junkyard?...
thanks in advance for the help...

·
JL Fanatik
42 Posts
Theives are so unconsiderate.

Im sure you could do what hatch sais, but cant you just connect the lose wires to new radio wires? With wire connectors?

I dont think it matters where you connect the wires does it?

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
nope it doesnt matter, however if you have wiring harnesses, its alot easyer to change the deck afterwords or to stick the factory one back in when he turns around to sell it....

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would check junkyard if you get the same year you can just match up colors wire for wire to cut harness.

www.installdr.com has plug pinouts.

When you go to install new head unit get adaptor plugs from car stereo shop wire to new system and then plug right into factory plugs.

CW

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
seriously do yourself a favor and get a new plug... dealer or junkyard, either way it probably shouldnt cost much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help guys...

luckily they didn't cut mine too far back...i think i still have a decent amount of wire to work with & fix it...but yeah...lazy theives, at least un-plug it...bastards!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts