Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm sure this is the most common and most annoying question especially from the new guy but here goes.
I'm installing a new head unit, front speakers and amp in my aunts car. I've read every post I can get my hands on, looked at every wiring diagram and even bought harnesses with no luck.

I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong place for the wires but bassically I'm stuck.

The car is a 96, it has a tape deck and 3 disc changer in the dash, I don't know if it has an amp or not, no sub in the rear deck.
The whole reason I'm doing this is because the stock stereo has almost zero volume. I'd like to keep the rear speakers if possible but I don't really care about them too much I just want to get the new deck working. Any help would be appreciated. Either a harness that works or the colors and locations of the wires I will needwill get me to the completion of this project. Also, if there are any random pieces of advice I'm open to them as well.

Ps. I also wanted to ask if I need to worry about the back side of the speakers I put in the doors, I put them in custom mdf piece in place of the stock speaker enclosures. Will they be at risk of water damage being exposed to the inside of the door?

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts