Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new used topper for my truck. I am trying to figure out how to wire 12v to the light in the topper shell. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks jeff

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
I bought a new topper back in October, and the installer connected directly to the taillight wire for power to the cargo light and the brakelight wire for the third brakelight on the topper.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma 4x4
152 Posts
you could go from your trailer harness, dont know if it would be constant power though

·
Registered
11 Posts
im in the same boat as you jjdryer. i purchased a snugtop off of craigslist about a month ago and still have not hooked up my cabin light or 3rd brake light. The snugtop came with a harness on it and ive been look for the same kind but have been having no luck.

im thinking about jus going to autozone and getting a new one but i would kinda like it to be how it came.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have the tow pakage on your truck. Not just the four way flat wire, but the factory towing package with the 7 pin connector you can run a wire and splice it into the 12volt wire that is in the wiring loom for the tow connector. I am not sure what color wire off the top of my head. Doing it this way will make sure that you never have a dead battery because the light was left on becasue there is only power to the tow package if the truck is on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts