Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 corolla will not accelerate when pedal pressed . Changed blown fuse but still won't accelerate

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
269 Posts
Throwing any codes or?
When you turn your car to just the acc. (not turn it over. And start it) can you hear plate throttle moving when you press the accelerator pedal?
You might need to have the hood open and someone else listening. Or working the pedal.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,784 Posts
This is a 2 person job. To clean the throttle plate, you need someone else to press the pedal to open the plate and clean it.

Crud builds up in there and tells the ECU the position of the throttle plate. If it's stuck, then the computer will think it's closed when it's actually open. Even just a little bit, the computer sees the plate open and will confuse the computer of the actual position of the throttle plate.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,681 Posts
This is a 2 person job. To clean the throttle plate, you need someone else to press the pedal to open the plate and clean it.

Crud builds up in there and tells the ECU the position of the throttle plate. If it's stuck, then the computer will think it's closed when it's actually open. Even just a little bit, the computer sees the plate open and will confuse the computer of the actual position of the throttle plate.
I've never had any problem cleaning the throttle body and plate by myself. It's pretty simple to take off.

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
269 Posts
I've never had any problem cleaning the throttle body and plate by myself. It's pretty simple to take off.
I'm planning on doing mine soon. Did you just pop it off but leave it connected to the harness or did you take the whole thing out and clean it that way?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,681 Posts
I'm planning on doing mine soon. Did you just pop it off but leave it connected to the harness or did you take the whole thing out and clean it that way?
The harness unplugs very easily. Just take off the 4 screws and remove it to clean it really well. If you just want to clean the throttle plate that can be done with it installed. I used a screwdriver with a rag wrapped around it to hold the plate open while I sprayed throttle body cleaner into it and then wiped it clean.

Reactions: synthanasia

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
269 Posts
The harness unplugs very easily. Just take off the 4 screws and remove it to clean it really well. If you just want to clean the throttle plate that can be done with it installed. I used a screwdriver with a rag wrapped around it to hold the plate open while I sprayed throttle body cleaner into it and then wiped it clean.
Ahh awesome. Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts