Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 yoda
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all im new here jus now started messing with my truck again. Ive been searching here and other places for like 4 hours now and nothing. I have a 84 toyota pickup 22r carb. the head gasket went so i had it replaced head redone and all that good stuff when i got it back it ran good for a while than started acting up. down hill i could get up to speed but up hill or flat ground it will get up to about 30 or 35 mph and start sputtering like it was going to shut off but if i slow down i coulld drive for miles at slow speed tinkered with it and couldnt figure it out im about to break down and buy a new motor but motor only has 55k origingal miles if anyone has any suggestions on what it would be would be greatly appreaciated. i love this truck its fully bagged shaved notched wraped interior and all that and wold hate to buy a new motor jus cause of the fact it has such low miles again any help is appreaciated thanks alot in advance... havent drove truck in over a year cause of problem.

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
Why didn't you take it back to the shop that performed the work on it??

It could my any number of things like a vacuum leak , poor ignition components...

You need to start ruling things out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sounds like a fuel delevery problem to me, check the fuel pump and all lines to and fron it on bouth sides of the pump, this happen on an 85 I have and it was the pump. Also could be the float needle valve isnt opening due to tarnish and old fuel....the motor is a drastic action to take, you have many things to check before you get that de3sprate ok. Check the fuel filter too...as Jayota said "start ruling things out"

·
Registered
120 Posts
my problem was old fuel plugged up the pump, I droped the takk fulshed out the tarnish and put in a new pump. Before I hooked up the lines I back flushed them with carb cleaner, hooked it all back up and everything was fine. I think you meant to send your question to the other guy petec920.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts