Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 2002 V6 3.0 Highlander and it has recently developed an issue. After roughly 10 minutes of operation it will not not shift into overdrive. If I turn off the vehicle and hit the road again, the problem disappears for the same duration, if not returning a tad sooner. I also have quite sluggish performance which may or may not be related.

When I first got the vehicle i noticed that it wouldn't shift to overdrive until the engine was warm. A quick googling told me this was normal operating conditions, especially considering it was the dead of winter.

My check engine light is on, however the codes are seemingly unrelated:
P0102 (MASS AIR FLOW)
P0113 (INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE)
P0343 (CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR)
P0141 (HEATER CIRCUIT)
P0036 (OXYGEN SENSOR HEATER)

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of responses that say "fix the problems with the check engine lights", however diagnosis by sensor replacement is going to get pricey. I'm trying to diagnose whether it's worth repairing or if i should be considering replacing the vehicle outright before I eat my shirt.

I've googled the issue and found most responses saying replace the knock sensor and wiring harness, however I'm not throwing that code. I replaced the coolant temperature sensor as a result of forum reading, however that didn't make any difference. Further to that anyone who has had the issue has not come back and said they found the source, so I'm slightly concerned.

I know somewhere here will read this and say, "ohhhhh, you're thingamajigger sounds like it's screwed" and then i'll replace it and walk away happy!

·
AvConsult
3,675 Posts
Clear all the codes and see which come back first. Report those. Good place to start troubleshooting.

Does your code reader provide any more data, like MAF signal, 02 sensors, fuel trims?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.