Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1990 camry with a 2.5it doesnt start its getting fuel but no spark there is power to the coil any ideaqs to help me thanks

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
Sure.

Find the sticky in the Camry forum with the online manuals, and run the checks for ignition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already found the sticky problem is i have a multimeter but dont no how to read it proberly
dont know what setting to put it on to test coil and i dont know exactly wear the igntion ingnitor is

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
jtlrjay said:
i already found the sticky problem is i have a multimeter but dont no how to read it proberly
dont know what setting to put it on to test coil and i dont know exactly wear the igntion ingnitor is
If you've been looking at, or testing, the coil--then you're warm. The ignitor is located right under the coil. It's an integrated part.

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
jtlrjay said:
You cannot test the coil output with a multimeter. You test the lower level voltages and ignitor inputs, pickup resistances, coil resistances, etc.

Just follow the diag procedures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts