Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks I am doing it - purchasing a Speedway Blue, 2005 4x4 Dbl. Cab, SR5, auto with Tow Pkg. - 68,000km. with cap. I have a 4x4 Matrix (love it) and now we are getting the Taco, as well. We are paying $28,000Cdn. - I think that's a fair price? I'm looking forward to joining in this group to learn more about this truck (never had one before!):thumbup: .

·
Unleashed....
2005 Tacoma V6
212 Posts
Better get some decent tires!

·
Unleashed....
2005 Tacoma V6
212 Posts
depends on where you're driving. is it mostly on-road? do you off-road? most people get bridgestone revos for year round performance. do a search here for tires. also, go to tirerack dot com for more reviews. I'm considering Revos and the BFG all-terrain T/A KOs for my next set.

·
Hobby or Mental Illness?
572 Posts
talkingtojo53 said:
thanks for the Bridgstone tip - mostly we are driving on-road in rural area with some dirt roads and off roading at the farm
Although both Bridgestone Dueller Revos and the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO are much different treads, you won't be disapointed with either of the 2. These tires can't even be compared to the stock tires that come with our trucks.

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
Revos if you want to run one tire set. Does everything pretty well.

If you get alot of lake effect or are way up north in Ontario, I'd recommend a set of snow tires. Then run the stock ones into the ground the rest of the year.

·
Registered
'07 DCLB 4X4
137 Posts
Have had several sets of the BFG A/Ts and found the quality to be all over the board on these tires. Had 4 sets on the same truck and finally went to Revos and never looked back. Revo handling is more sure footed (less spongy feeling) on corners, better in the rain, little quieter, and as good in the deep Alabama muck I put the truck through during hunting season. Neither the BFG nor the Revo left me stranded there. Revos have stayed in balance for almost 30,000 miles so far where the BFGs seemed to continually need minor re-balancing and the revos seem to surpass the BFGs in wear also. Mileage was a little lower (about 2 tenths) with the Revos but they are a heavier tire and mileage came up slowly as the tires have worn. I drive 155mi./day on the same roads and imediately noticed the differences mentioned because, believe me, after 4 sets of BFGs....I knew those tires well !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts