Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, I bought a body side molding kit for the 07 camry on ebay from Deland Toyota. The kit is fine but is not what is pictured at toyota, I am unsure what it actually is, part # is way off, look at the auctions they have. it fits but is not what i was expecting, and installed them anyways, my bad. I just did not want to hassle with returning it. Color was not super white but instead alpine white, still matched. It stated 07 camry on the box, looked to be genuine toyota but the shapes of the molding is different. How ? well, the very front at the front door and rear at the rear door looks like an arrow head, meaning points right at the middle, the pics at toyota look a bit different. Also, the rear door ones seem like they are 1.5 inches too short. They would be fine if it was installed lower on the door, but i installed according to the toyota instructions, not the instructions that came with the kit. Like I said, it works and fits fine but is a bit off. just get yours elsewhere if you decide to get them at all. Also, i opened my GS door to check if it would prevent a diing, sure enough it was at the perfect height.

·
Registered
383 Posts
hate to break it to ya bro, but that white doesnt match at all.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That looks exactly the same as the one in the Canadian brochure. If the one on Toyota.com is accurate maybe there are 2 versions of BSM?

Toyota.ca

Toyota.com

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bidy side molding

I just bought some from E-bay also for the Barcelona red but the seller was gale toyota parts and gives a part# PT29A0307503 I hope this is correct. Not a bad deal though I got it em for 39.00 and 20.00 shipping we'll see what shows up tomorrow I guess.

RW

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
nikhsum said:
Looks like you got the same ones as shown on Toyota.com and Eyekutr got the ones shwon on Toyota.ca
Important thing is that they are OEM.:)
Though his rear door moulding do look an inch or so short compared to mine.
In looking at mine from my window,the rear moulding extends and inch or so past the divider trim piece separating the rear window and the smaller rear window.

In other words if you can follow me, Eyekutr moulding ends at that smaller rear window trim when looking down from the trim piece.
Mine go another inch or so.
No big deal but....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is gotta to be it, canadian equivalent, some markings on the box made me think this may have been it, I only posted it as a word of caution.....BTW, i think they are slightly more fat, rounded so this is good as it protrudes more and is more likely to actually keep a door ding away, the smoother, flatter against the body, less effective they are.

To those installing themselves, make sure you dont put the rear door one too far forward, as it will rub on the front door as it opens....

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So are the colors the same in canada and US, they have different names, with white it is too close to call a difference, although a smart ass up above feels he can tell a diff from an internet photo.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Eyekutr said:
So are the colors the same in canada and US, they have different names, with white it is too close to call a difference, although a smart ass up above feels he can tell a diff from an internet photo.

There usually is a slight difference.
The part is plastic and not painted at the same time.
My Toyota lip spoiler is a bit different being bluish or grayish.
Same with the plastic piece over the reat license plate which is from the factory.
Even the bumper cover is a bit off the regualr paint.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Door edge guards

Come to think of it I have the door edge guards, is this going to be an issue for the installation of the body side molding? or does it allow for the edge guard and molding to fit together correctly?
RW

·
Registered
383 Posts
Eyekutr said:
Yeah, im a smartass because your ass is color blind. Internet photo or not, its pretty plain to see that the molding is more of a darker off white than your car. But hey, what would I know. In that case, way to go! Those moldings look great and match perfectly. :rolleyes:

Super white....... alpine white...... yeap, same description. I can see how you would think Super is spelled Alpine in Canada. :rolleyes::thumbdown:clap:

·
ASE Master Technician
2006 Lexus GS430
2,397 Posts
Brandon402 said:
Yeah, im a smartass because your ass is color blind. Internet photo or not, its pretty plain to see that the molding is more of a darker off white than your car. But hey, what would I know. In that case, way to go! Those moldings look great and match perfectly. :rolleyes:

Super white....... alpine white...... yeap, same description. I can see how you would think Super is spelled Alpine in Canada. :rolleyes::thumbdown:clap:
Hey now, lets stay calm. Yes to some, It may not match. To others it may be close enough to deal with. Working in a body shop for 4 years, I know the difference in matching colors, and non-matching colors. But what it all boils down to is how well it looks to the person who owns it. If they are satisfied, Then its good enough for me.

·
Future Toyota Engineer
2006 Camry XLE
156 Posts
um, I don't know what to tell you, but deland toyota is legit. I bought a set of mud guards for my 5.5 camry from them. The parts all arrived exactly as described.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
MAR said:
um, I don't know what to tell you, but deland toyota is legit. I bought a set of mud guards for my 5.5 camry from them. The parts all arrived exactly as described.
That's true.
I got my OEM lip spoiler from them on Ebay.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts