Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey was thinking of getting new headlights and taillights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0561867883&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

It says its recommended installed by pros. How much would the work cost. Also anyone have it on already and wanna post a video that would be great. Or even a tutorial of how to do it! Poofff.

Also here are the taillights:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0147907005&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

How much would the work cost and installation. Any videos or pictures. Also opinion weather it would look nice on a silver SE 07.

Help is greatly appreciated, thank you :cool::chug:

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
You are asking for an opinion, so here is one.
a) Labor rates vary by region and neighborhood and how badly someone wants the work so it is pointless for someone in Kentucky or Florida to tell you how much it should cost. Check labor prices in your own neighborhood.
b) Aftermarket headlights are noted for low quality. Having said that, these appear to be off color from the oem and I presume that look is what you want, but personally I could spend 400 bucks on other stuff if there is nothing wrong with what you have now.
c) If a professional is needed to install a set of lights then there is much more to this job than just plug and play, so be wary. Installing lights can be done in your driveway in short order by anyone with just a moderate IQ. You likely qualify.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
You need to be asking the eBay vendor if there are wires to cut. There is no guarantee that BlackCam got the same product as advertised for sale now. BUT, if there are wires to cut, Trigger could splice, solder, and shrink wrap on a good day. If you don't know how, then it's time to learn.

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
Do you need to cut wires or anything like that? Also how long would the headlights last me?
I got mine from a seller on ebay with the user name of Sabersport. I didn't have to cut any wires, it just plugged right into the OEM plug. Only thing that took a little bit of time was to remove the bumper, you can search on here for that. I never removed my head lights but i assume its the same as taking off the back bumper. I got those tail lights in May and till now i never had a problem with them at all. I love them. These look like the ones you have a link too? im not positive though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-0...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3522wt_995

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh thats cool. Yeah i checked his product and on description it says its pre-wired and doesn't mention "recommended to install professionally". Could you possbily submit a couple of photos what those look on during the day and at night? Its not exatly the same tail lights i was checking out but i still would want to see. Also do you have the headlights installed or? :)

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,754 Posts
Oh thats cool. Yeah i checked his product and on description it says its pre-wired and doesn't mention "recommended to install professionally". Could you possbily submit a couple of photos what those look on during the day and at night? Its not exatly the same tail lights i was checking out but i still would want to see. Also do you have the headlights installed or? :)
i have some pics only during the day time on my cardomain link on the 2nd page. It looks much better in person then the pics, i don't have any night shots. Nah i the stock OEM headlights, i think the aftermarket headlights are crap people said on here. If i ever do change my headlight it will be a retrofit when i have money. At workerant, yes i have seen them during the day in direct sunlight. lol

·
Registered
Toyota Camry SE 2007
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at your pics but you dont have the angel eyes i was talking about :) And i like y our tailights! Very nice and it was plug and play you said right? I want to get something like it but my camry is silver so i think i should go darker? What do you think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.