Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So on Thursday, we got clobbered with very very high winds/tornado in New York City! Trees uprooted and knocked over. All the trees fell in the same direction.

My new tree house in my backyard (neighbors tree and landed across 3 yards)

Luckily, it did not fall in any direction towards any houses or it would have been worse.

But LOTS of branches fell off of trees. One of them smacked into my car =(. Of all the cars on the block, mine go the worst. A civic was completely covered with branches and leaves and escaped with no harm. A car got hit with power line...supposedly all the lights went off in the car but it still started up.

How much you think damage would be and the process of fixing? I'll be going to adjuster tomorrow to see whats the cost.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sorry to hear bout the mishap tim. everything will be alright doesnt look to be totaled easy job. looks like new rear quarter and new trunk, glass looks good. probaly 3 or 4 grand of work but u never kno. i actually passed by queens on metropolitan ave and wow i have never seen so many trees fallen down. at least u guys ok and wasnt in the car.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yeah that storm was bad Tim.I was at work in Astoria when it came thru.It took me about 1/2 hr. just to get to the Whitestone Expwy with all the downed trees & power lines.Man that's some pretty bad damage,keep us abreast with your claim status.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Wow dude, that totally sucks. From the initial look, it looks like they probably just have to replace and paint the driver fender and trunk lid. If that is all they do and you go through insurance, it will be about $1,500-2,000 in repairs. If there is more going on underneath, who knows?

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Holy crap! :eek:. Sorry to hear that! We've had some extremely high winds here in New Zealand over the past few days too, and quite a few cars have been crushed by trees as well. Best of luck getting it sorted man. Let us know how you get on.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow dude, that totally sucks. From the initial look, it looks like they probably just have to replace and paint the driver fender and trunk lid. If that is all they do and you go through insurance, it will be about $1,500-2,000 in repairs. If there is more going on underneath, who knows?
Havent even opened the trunk or gas door. Its pinched shut. Trunk lining is bent as well. Tails look unscathed

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
My bid is $6400. You have work to do on the fuel filler assembly as well and I'm guessing the trunk floor on that side will need a little TLC. Cut out the quarter panel and replace along with the time to replace and rewire the trunk will run the bill up a little. You DO have insurance for this, right?

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bid is $6400. You have work to do on the fuel filler assembly as well and I'm guessing the trunk floor on that side will need a little TLC. Cut out the quarter panel and replace along with the time to replace and rewire the trunk will run the bill up a little. You DO have insurance for this, right?
Yes I have insurance. I have full coverage with GEICO.

I just came back from adjuster and they quoted $3500 minus $500 deductable. So I walked out with $3000 check. They said if the damage is more severe once a shop looks at it, another adjuster needs to come out and look before giving me another check.

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,838 Posts
Glad you survive tim. What won't kill u will make u stronger. :chug:

I'm not good at gamble but my bet is $10k on a nice finish clean job to bring your baby back to 100% health. :naughty:

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
that sucks dude. That storm missed us completely. All we got was some overnight rain. Hope the car goes back to tip top shape soon.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
no worries we'll get this fixed soon tim. i almost hydro locked in that storm :(

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,733 Posts
That sucks Tim, but at least you and your family are O.K. I am sure that you will get things sorted out and getting your Camry back to preaccident condition.

Glenn

·
Registered
07 Camry SE
173 Posts
Im glad everyone is ok but your pic sent shivers down my spine. Im on the island and we didnt get really anything compared to you. I work on queens blvd. and it was a disaster area when i went back there the next day. Post the cost when you find out, im curious what it will be. And sorry about your car, I woulda had a coronary.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
WOW , were all happy your okay, but it sucks seeing your car like this !

At least your rear window and tail lights are still okay, it will lessen the cost a bit.

What sucks about this is , your rear quarter panel is going to have to get cut out and rewelded with a new one, if it was a fender you can just get a new one. Now the quarter panel will be weaker than it originally was and paint might not match, also knowing its been replaced and not "original" sucks.

but stuf happens, life goes on, you and your family is safe and thats all that matters.

Hopefully you get this worked out and it gets done properly!!

I have a feeling your going to need more than $3000.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Im glad everyone is ok but your pic sent shivers down my spine. Im on the island and we didnt get really anything compared to you. I work on queens blvd. and it was a disaster area when i went back there the next day. Post the cost when you find out, im curious what it will be. And sorry about your car, I woulda had a coronary.
Wife was out in LI as well and only got rain. I was suppose to go out to LI to pick her up but my street was blocked in with downed trees on both ends and downed power lines. My heart dropped when I saw the damage.

WOW , were all happy your okay, but it sucks seeing your car like this !

At least your rear window and tail lights are still okay, it will lessen the cost a bit.

What sucks about this is , your rear quarter panel is going to have to get cut out and rewelded with a new one, if it was a fender you can just get a new one. Now the quarter panel will be weaker than it originally was and paint might not match, also knowing its been replaced and not "original" sucks.

but stuf happens, life goes on, you and your family is safe and thats all that matters.

Hopefully you get this worked out and it gets done properly!!

I have a feeling your going to need more than $3000.
Its all covered by insurance. So it doesnt matter if window was smashed or not. I actually prefer to have window and trunk smashed rather than quarter panel =(

I'm waiting for Pawel to see what his guy says. The $3k is all estimation just by external inspection. If what is behind the exterior is damaged as well and needs more work, adjuster will need to come out, see the damage and check would need to be sent to me.

Hopefully I can start the process of getting it repaired this weekend. If not, second week of October =/. Such bad timing for this to happen when I have a busy couple weekends and cant even use my car

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
yeah id rather have anything else other than the quarter panel.

Is it a shop of your choice? Go to a dealership or a body shop dealerships send their cars to.
also shouldnt your insurance cover a rental for you if needed?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts