Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bet that the reason that people think JDM parts are so cool is because they were JDM, if it was just a redesigned USDM it wouldnt have the same hype.

Inotherwords IMHO I think that JDM is just a buncha bs, and just because its JDM doesnt make it cool, its what it looks like that makes it cool.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
can't forget "drift" too... it's starting to become something like how "JDM" has become.

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohhh yes 'drift' becuase people in North America havent been doign that since the 50's

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Yeah, JDM and Drifitng are both very overhyped.

Hatch said:
ohhh yes 'drift' becuase people in North America havent been doign that since the 50's
When did they do that in the 50's? They never did it. Well not in the same sense as it is done in competition today.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,622 Posts
Drifting in the 50's.....that's a funny picture. I can see it now. "......Dating back to World War II, the American G.I.s would find themselves doing fun activities when they're not fighting at the front. Like for instance, sliding of *drifting* around in the snow or dirt with their jeeps....," narrator of some history video.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Hatch said:
I bet that the reason that people think JDM parts are so cool is because they were JDM, if it was just a redesigned USDM it wouldnt have the same hype.

Inotherwords IMHO I think that JDM is just a buncha bs, and just because its JDM doesnt make it cool, its what it looks like that makes it cool.
Bring back old news:rolleyes:

JDM is different from what you see everyday. It's the same as aftermarket, and it's exact fit!

Just like how people in japan are always trying to ge US parts. It's stock, but different from everyone else on the road :)

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
JDM is different where i live. On my tercel, I now have Starlet lights, and a 5EFHE engine... JDM! My tercel is different than alot of the tercels you see in my area. SO WHAT THEN HATE ON MY TWO JDM THINGS..... JDM ISNT BS!! ITS COOOL!

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
JDM has diff styles. Lots of theirs we think cool probably because we've seen most of the USDM shit so much that it gets stupid and the JDM is better.
Also some of the things just look better. Like some of those body kits own all of the USDM kits.

·
WHAT!!!!
Toyotas
1,555 Posts
yeah, like for honda, the integra's jdm front end looks nicer than the USDM circle light thing... (<--just an example... i still dont like much hondas!)

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
it all depends on what part is "JDM"...

there's a difference between OEM JDM, and aftermarket JDM...

OEM JDM are originally equipped parts...

and aftermarket JDM is sort of a style of fixing up cars, sort of like lots of graphics, that are mirrored on one side, so the writing is backwards..

also negative camber, and a certain style of body kits, usually very extreme...

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
I like the whole OEM JDM thing, cuz it's different, but at the same time it's stock. I think it's about being different from the mass majority. Well for me it would be.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
^^Yup, you got it right there

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
actually, the Japanese are looking for USDM parts, just like we're looking for JDM parts...

APC is big over there..:disappoin

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what I was saying was that if the JDM parts were made by a company like APC but looked exactly the same noone would be raving about how awsome JDM is.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Do you think if suddenly the trend was Ricer wings, neons, Fart cans and all that stuff, Would we turn into ricers? :confused:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
What.. isn't that the trend anyways??? :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
JDM is koo bout why would you wanna spend all that money to make you car look stock?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts