Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 Taco DC on 33s
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got an 06 4x4 TRD with 3" toytec life and 33" tires. I still have the stock shocks. It seems they are maxxed outin travel and do fine under compression but like on the backside of speed bumps, they feel like they are fully extended and my wheels just slam down. It really sucks. Would longer/ softer shocks help with this? What is the problem exactly?

·
Toyotanation
6,975 Posts
HMMMM! Longer shocks Will? But remember you need to extend you lines also, the stock shocks keeps you from over extending you lines. But they also jolt you when hey get max'ed out. :dunno:
So getting is a good idea. You just need to do other things along with getting new shocks.
Good luck!

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
HMMMM! Longer shocks Will? But remember you need to extend you lines also, the stock shocks keeps you from over extending you lines. But they also jolt you when hey get max'ed out. :dunno:
So getting is a good idea. You just need to do other things along with getting new shocks.
Good luck!
Toku have you been drinking?:lol:

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
Or you could test drive a Ridgeline.....

seriously, the shocks will help, but if you are running AAL's or blocks on your solid rear axle with leaf springs, you won't ever get a "smooth" ride. From what I have read, people that have invested in an entirely new leaf pack (and new rear shocks) have seen the greatest improvement in ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts