Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only If They Were Trusted

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you go and purchase a carstarter/alarm or stereo or accessories from someone who works out of a one bay (1000sqft) shop if the prices were the same from other more established companies? In other words do you trust them with your car/money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well being a small shop owner myself most all products carry at least a one year warrenty -everything i sell has a 2-3 year warrenty or lifetime.plus i have ben in the industy for 12 years and the guy at circut city or best buy could only have ben doing this 3 weeks so take you pick -small shops with good employees turn out more custom work than all the big name stores in the country.and if a small shop can stay in buisness than they have to be doing something right here check this out -1200 sq foot shop in a town of 30,000 people over 200 first place awards in two years-www.scustoms.com

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry mabee i should have phrased this better.....lets throw in - the company has just showed up in the market place. Would you give them your car to get a car starter installed? and lets say that the owner/salesman was really nice and seamed trustworthy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
only if they were trusted ...... there is a shop/car dealer here that should not be in buisness ..... but for every person he screws, there are 100 more that haven't heard of him

·
Registered
443 Posts
Its Complicated, your more likely to get your shit Jacked going to Curcit City, or Best buy to tell you the truth. but the small mom and pop's guy is just more risky, you need to get refurals to tell you the truth.

no one is perfict.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
Zrain said:
but the small mom and pop's guy is just more risky, you need to get refurals to tell you the truth.
i concur.

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
Yes, I know a couple good 1 bay shops. Let's face it, if you've ever seen the cost of renting or leasing actual mechanic type shops, it's insane.

The simple fact to me is that if you ever have someone working on your car you should face that the same as medical care. If you don't trust the guy you're talking to, what the hell are you still doing in his shop?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts