Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy told me that theses 2009 Highlander wheels were put on a RAV4 obviously not the right fit and have deep scratches on the inside what do you think this looks like structural damage? Outside they are pristine inside deep scrape on the two front ones

01C23E2D-24E0-48D2-A9DF-9EC743150F02.jpeg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I was just about to buy them I paid someone to even drive down to Colorado Springs to fetch them and he said oh yes I should probably tell you about the cosmetic damage – that’s not cosmetic damage!

·
6,226 Posts
Well, question is - why that scrape is not across ENTIRE wheel, but just on part of it? Like as if it was wobbling? But you are not buying it anyway, so what gives...
And btw, simple spacer fixes this. If wheel is not somehow crooked so that it wobbles on the hub hitting with half side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They scraped when he turned the wheel on the RAV 4 - he mentioned spacers. Initially I was simply posting a question but on further thought I made up my mind. The fact he kept them on long enough to put such a deep gash in the rims makes me wonder what type of bloke we are dealing with here. I passed on this deal, this is not cosmetic damage, a chunk of the material has been gauged out of these rims.

After all this is for a my Camry Minivan as I call it - AKA Highlander Hybrid. I don't want to be blazing down a mountain pass here in Colorado with family on board worrying about the right front wheel breaking it two!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts