Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi --

I'm looking at a 99 4-Runner with the Highlander package. Mileage is 110k, tires are good, and it comes with all bells and whistles (including rear locker). I could pick it up for 8300 + tax, etc.

I asked for a compression test and the numbers are what concerns me a bit: All 135s and 130. Seems a bit low, doesn't it? Compression test was performed at a Chevy dealership, if that makes any difference.

Tanks a ton for your feedback.

- olaf

N

·
0 Posts
I think thats a pretty decent price for the truck maybe a little high. Try to bargain a little and dont act desperate. I would also want to know how many previous owners and see if there are any maintenance records available.

Cant help you with the compression test numbers.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Uh, what engine ?? :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Well since he said 99 most likely it's the 3.4. They didn't have the 4cyl in the highlander pack.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you look value up in Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book? They account for mileage, options and zip. You would not pay the dealer pricing from a private party - they have done no reconditioing nor do they offer a warrantee. IMHO Unless it is in great shape with recent receipts - its probalby $1000-1200 over priced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts