Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you guys hate me if I sold my Camry?

Originally I was going to buy a 2door V6. I was hoping to get $2000 for my car. Being that it has 194,000 miles (less than 1000 miles on the tranny), and isn't in perfect physical shape.

But now something a little better has come up. I have the chance to buy a Lexus SC400 for $7000. And I am most likely to do that. I have been offered $3000 for my Camry, so I would only need to take out a lone for the other half. And I figure, since it's a dealership, I could work them down a little on the price.

But I am still hardcore Camry at heart. It just doesn't play into my game plan right now. And I haven't been able to find a 2door for sale with in a 2 state area. But I plan to buy another Camry once I am done with schooling, and after I have moved to Cali (2 years). It just doesn't play in right now.

So what do you guys say?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93'

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yo man just go for it. nothing is wrong with that. Aleast you in the toyota family right?:D beside in a way you are getting a camry just dont know why they look like a gen3 SILGHTLY lol

take it enjoy it have fun. :D

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
you know my opinion already...

:thumbup:

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
na i say thats a good deal, do it. nobody should hate you... youre not buying an enemy. lexus is great

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
It's all good get the Lexus:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
hey,

as long as you keep posting here on a regular basis, you can drive whatever the hell you want ;)
glad you're sticking with toyota :cool:

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
you might wanna check out insurance to make sure you can afford it before you sell your camry. since the sc400 is considered a luxury car it could be quite expensive, but being a '93 there might not be to much of a problem, good luck tho, the sc body is so nice, i was lookin for a sc300 w/ MT, but alas they didn't make it to canada

·
Dthepit
91 Posts
get the lex man

·
Man on a mission...
635 Posts
If you need to take out a loan for a $7K car, I don't think it's in your best interest to buy it.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:D

Mmmm.. V8 *drooling*

Yeah, I did some checking on insurance. And I got an internet quote (not always perfect) of $120USD a month under my own name. I currently pay $135 a month under my parents name. So I would be paying less (assuming the quote is accurate).

And don't worry about me leaving. I'll still be in here everyday. I still know the engine, and I still love the car.

Nice enough, I will still be able to drive my Camry whenever I want:D The friend who I am selling it to knows I love that car. So she said I can come take it anytime I want:D

*The only reason I will need a loan is because I am finishing off paying some bills I owe money on. And I have been giving everything I have to them, and not saving at all(in order to get them done quicker). And I don't want to wait and take the chance that someone else might buy it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts