Toyota Nation Forum banner

Would you import a car from Japan?

2091 Views 35 Replies 25 Participants Last post by  jhbhatia
If I had the money, and the choice, I would import this Nissan from Japan, because I like the style and it kicks major ass when you fix it up.

LoL check it out. The Old 350z
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big_p31 said:
ummm....i would import the r34....thats about it
It's already imported here. It's been on sell in California since 1999. MotoRex imports it, makes it legal with DMV, VIN plate everything. Starts at $23,000-$98,000. Located in Torrance. ^_^

· back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,590 Posts
^o...i thought you mean to import it for yourself...i think i would import the r34 anyway by myself because...1...its prolly cheaper...2...you know what condition it came in....

· TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
augcam said:
xpeed, that car in your 1st post is sold here as an Infiniti M45.
Model design is similar, engine different. The M45 model design is similar to Cefiro. Not the GLoria

· 5M-GE
2,909 Posts
Whatever's under the hood of the Gloria should be the same, if not lesser than the M45.

To import cars into Canada as-they-are, and without any VIN modifications, they have to be 14 years old. R32 Skylines will be eligible this summer :)

· Bootsing the 165
134 Posts
there is this company in england that makes carzy fast EVO's and still looks stocks so i guess i would go for that. (i think SCC or SS did a interview with them)..

*note* i liked the evo since back in the rally days and started with the EVO 2.

· Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,361 Posts
Would I import a car?... sure why not do it all the time, but what I'm waiting for is somebody to give up the Gracia Wagon, they come and go so fast and plus alot of ppl dont like to give it up.

· TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
4A-GE said:
we have the Gloria in our border... the Infiniti M45...

a 340hp V8... :eek:

so school me... wut's the difference about the Gloria and the M45? wut's under the hood inside the Gloria? :confused:
It has the new VQ30DET NEO engine with AWD. HP is only 280 but the torque is 387 lbs at 6000 rpm.

But since you guys don't think it's a good idea, here 's my second car I would like to import.

· TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
SolaraTRD said:
Yeah, I am defiantly thinking about importing a S15 Silvia over one day, but I think by that time, the Silvia would have gone into many generation changes or become discontinued. =(
They did discontinue the Silvia a year ago.

Tommykaira's are good too.

· Registered
1987 Corolla SR5/GTS
40 Posts
I'd love to import a Toyota Chaser, Nissan Skyline R33 or 34, or maybe an old early 80s RHD Toyota Starlet.

· Auto-Cross Addict
3,861 Posts
repinS said:
To import cars into Canada as-they-are, and without any VIN modifications, they have to be 14 years old. R32 Skylines will be eligible this summer :)
14 years old? That sucks. Skylines are already avalible in the states:D They range starting at $18,000 (90' R32 GT-S) up to $95,000 (R34 V-SPEC II). And that's before the conversion costs.
Both used and new. They are only one importer that I know of that does it. (Don't you wish you knew who?)

To import a car (at least in the US), you have to pay the shipping (a crap load), register it, get VINs, and have it tested. The testing includes structural, polution (must meet every states requirements), and safety. And you have to pay for all of the test. And that's where your going to get raped. No chance of doing it cheap. It takes 3-4 months to get a car legalized.

*The only car I think is worth importing would be the Skyline concept. Which will never be a production car due to Japans laws. However, it may someday be a special order car.:D 400hp twin turbo mmmm....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.