·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
looks close but sence you live in cali you could never get it to pass smog. with out changing alot of things and mostlikely lossing power. witch might make it lower than the ca. motor anyways. but nice find. that and the parts that go out all the time would not be something you can just run to the auto store and pick up.

damn you live in fairfeild. i was there for a few weeks. the pic in my sig is in napa. if i go back i'll have to PM you and maybe hook up

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jojopell said:
I do not think it will, but does naybody know? Or will it be difficult to make it fit?
It should fit because it's for a 92-94. But bidding is over.

damn you live in fairfeild. i was there for a few weeks. the pic in my sig is in napa. if i go back i'll have to PM you and maybe hook up
Oh cool, How old are you? Im just a 17 year old mexican guy:lol: :)

In what part of napa is that? i don't think ive seen that part before. I sometimes go to the fleamarket there.

·
MCH Engineer in training
532 Posts
my engine has a gold tinge like that, atleast on the heads, and intake plenum, everythign else is now painted except things like the TB, that looks pretty bad, then again it also wasnt cleaned during the rebuild

·
Registered
440 Posts
Only big difference there is lack of EGR valve. That motor was probably pulled from a wrecked car and got cleaned with some simple green degreaser.

·
Registered
2002 Camry
2,231 Posts
All engines look good on ebay, from the outside, after theyve been steam cleaned etc. I'd stay away from engine swaps unles its the kind that was offered when the car was built. Otherwise you might have a horror show trying to make that thing fit and work.

Also the used japanese engine route is very dubious in my experience. I replaced a 2.0 Nissan engine in my old 200SX with a "used japanese" model. The intake manifold holes were different, the coolant pipe was different, severala other thing s were different. Got it to work but saved no money and it never worked as good as the one it replaced.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am not getting it after reading some of your post. Thanks for the feedback. If this thread can be deleted then who ever has the power to do so may so, ha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts