Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, in January I did, just got it running a few weeks ago. It's a 1993 2wd 4-cyl 5 speed with 245k miles, 30x9.5 jeep wheels and tires, 2.5" of lift and a locker.

Well, story is I was driving to work one morning 3am in the thickest fog i've ever seen. Came up too fast on a 90 degree 10mph turn, didnt make it. ended up hitting a newer explorer in the side. no one was hurt.

parts i needed was core support, fender, headlight assembly, upper and lower control arms, The arm that connects the tire rod to the spindle, torsion bar bolts, and a tire (I got one used same model and size as mine and its my best looking tire now)

I know it's ugly, but I still love it. That front bumper I made with a piece of 3" x 5" .25" thick rectangle tube, 1x1 tube and expanded metal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
This may seem like a rather obvious question, but, why were you going faster than 10mph in the first place? If the fog is that thick, you crawl.

Been there, done that and never hit anything in the process.

Cheers,

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't see the sign for the turn... that's what I was looking for, apparently someone else already hit the sign...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts