Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a week ago my battery was about to die so I replaced the alternator and battery just for maintenance, when I put the battery back on the new one had them swapped and I put it on wrong. Replaced all the relays in the kick panel and fuse box and all blown fuses but still not getting any power. Yes I checked my fusible link and it wasn’t melted but ik there is more than just that one that can go bad. Please please please lend me some ideas!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you advise what car we are talking about? Year/make/model?

Are you the same person who started this thread: "Someone" crossed the terminals on my 93&#039...
1984 Toyota Celica Gt hatch. But no that wasn’t me. I was hoping someone could point out any fusible links in the cabin because I can’t find any wires burnt in my engine bay, and would like to not rip my dash apart….

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1984 Toyota Celica Gt hatch. But no that wasn’t me. I was hoping someone could point out any fusible links in the cabin because I can’t find any wires burnt in my engine bay, and would like to not rip my dash apart….
Font Schematic Line Rectangle Parallel

my repair manual said there was two coming off of the battery but I checked my positive line going all the way up through the fire wall and found nothing :/

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
In the diagram previously provided, the fusible links identified as "FL 0.3P", "FL 1.0Y" and "FL 2.0L". The "P" means "pink". The "Y" means yellow. The "L" means blue.

In the attached pic "84 Celica GT Eng Comp Fuse Box", this is what your fuse box in the engine compartment should look like for an 84 Celica GT. Note the fusible links with the insulation colors at the top of the picture. Those are the pink & yellow fusible links.

In the attached pic "Fusible Links", this is from the same era Supra (very similar to the Celica). It points to a blue fusible link used for most of the circuits in the car.

Does this help?

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the diagram previously provided, the fusible links identified as "FL 0.3P", "FL 1.0Y" and "FL 2.0L". The "P" means "pink". The "Y" means yellow. The "L" means blue.

In the attached pic "84 Celica GT Eng Comp Fuse Box", this is what your fuse box in the engine compartment should look like for an 84 Celica GT. Note the fusible links with the insulation colors at the top of the picture. Those are the pink & yellow fusible links.

In the attached pic "Fusible Links", this is from the same era Supra (very similar to the Celica). It points to a blue fusible link used for most of the circuits in the car.

Does this help?
Yes, thank you!!!!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
That link? There are several. Which one did you replace? And what about the others?

You should really check continuity (or voltage if you want the battery connected) of that junction box where those fusible links are in - that is at the beginning of the power source.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That link? There are several. Which one did you replace? And what about the others?

You should really check continuity (or voltage if you want the battery connected) of that junction box where those fusible links are in - that is at the beginning of the power source.
UPDATE

Tested continuity on the links in the fuse box and after that just went crazy trying to find where the burnt wires/links were, took it to a local shop and they found 4-5 burnt wires across the whole car.
Car is now running with few maintenance requirements but none the less still running after my very very very stupid mistake. Thank you to everyone that tried to help me do it on my own. Unfortunately I b worded out and took the easy route. But thank you all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts