Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need 2 valve cover bolts for my first gen '97 Avalon. Camry 3/4 gen and 1 gen Solara share the same engine. Does anyone have 2 lying around.
Thanks, Charlie

·
RX-7 Restorations
01 MR2 Spyder
1,539 Posts
I would buy these new from Toyota due to the fact that they have a rubber washer on them. The washer will harden over time and the washer or bolt should be replaced.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would buy these new from Toyota due to the fact that they have a rubber washer on them. The washer will harden over time and the washer or bolt should be replaced.
Thanks for the info. I notice that these engines have two bolts that apparently not needed. Don't know why but they left two holes where bolts could go. I thought the engine compartment would look better with two more bolts in place. This car is my new daily...RX-7's Nice!

I have a low mileage 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata. I haven't worked on older cars since I was a kid. Newish Miatas can spoil you. When I changed the oil on the Avalon, I noticed that a few oil pan bolts didn't tighten as much as I wanted. Is this the same kind of bolt with rubber washers that maybe hardened?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts