Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If this is not allowed, I apologize.

A new charcoal canister runs about $250-$300 OEM

I've driven for 3 years without one, didn't notice much difference, wouldn't have known it was missing without the OBD code.

Somebody on here has, or knows where to find a good deal on a used one.

I can't get past the sticker shock.

The Catalytic converter is a complex device with precious metals and it's $80 but the canister is a glorified Campbells soup can with a couple crushed Kingston briquettes inside of it and it's $250???

I can't find many import parts in the Vehicle City or Motor City at all, and even fewer for 8th gens. Unless I am calling it by the wrong name, I can't even search for one at car-parts.

So.... anybody got one they would sell cheap?

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,743 Posts
If this is not allowed, I apologize.

A new charcoal canister runs about $250-$300 OEM

I've driven for 3 years without one, didn't notice much difference, wouldn't have known it was missing without the OBD code.

Somebody on here has, or knows where to find a good deal on a used one.

I can't get past the sticker shock.

The Catalytic converter is a complex device with precious metals and it's $80 but the canister is a glorified Campbells soup can with a couple crushed Kingston briquettes inside of it and it's $250???

I can't find many import parts in the Vehicle City or Motor City at all, and even fewer for 8th gens. Unless I am calling it by the wrong name, I can't even search for one at car-parts.

So.... anybody got one they would sell cheap?
What OBD code? Your missing the entire canister?
I've dealt with these guys in the past and they'll ship!
https://www.ebay.com/p/1998-2002-TOYOTA-Corolla-Fuel-Vapor-Canister-77740-02070/658635619

·
Registered
2000 Toyota Corolla
142 Posts
Go to a pick and pull and grab a couple of them, $20 item give or take. Maybe you'll get a good one. 1998 and 99 are different from the 2000-02.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts