Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My '88 ae92 gts is having henious clutch issues. I was hoping I could find someone to do a clutch job for me so I wouldn't have to go to a shop and pay $10298301928.95...

If anyone can help me out let me know, I have garage space to have it done, and I have the clutch. I have a few tools, however, you would likly need to supplement a few things to use.

Car is in Portland, OR.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i would offer my services at $30-40 an hour but i live in canada :sosad:

if your handy and have some knowledge of cars maybe take a look at doing it yourself, really it isn't that hard. go to the parts store and look through a chilton or haynes and take a look to see whats involved, but i will tell you from expirience that its no biggie! Toyota's are really easy to work on and you wont need alot of tools either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I did mine and it wasn't real hard but it took two people and an engine lift to put the tranny back up. and the haynes manuals are good but the service manuals are better. check ebay for them.

·
'96 Rolla DX
1996 Corolla DX
531 Posts
I guess this depends on how long this all takes. If your car is in bad condition and things start falling apart during the install, those are extra costs. Personally I would take it to a shop and get it professionally installed, so in case it busts or something goes bad with it, you have the receipt and action can be taken. Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats the idea behind getting someone else to do it at my home. because if those other things go wrong, i dont have the money to get them fixed anyways. i have funds to pay the person to change the clutch, and that's pretty much about it. if perse more things started breaking, i'd just scrap the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts