Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, im only posting this because I dont know and I want to know if theres any cold air intake that will fit on the new XRS?

If so, which ones?

I dont wanna buy something, receive it and then be like "shit, this doesnt fit worth shit!".

So whats the bottom line guys?

Someone must know

~HiTz~

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Corolla Xrs
121 Posts
Injen cai for 04+ matrix/vibe works.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
eatmyxrs has a cold air intake and exhaust installed on her XRS. She posted some videos of it as well. You should ask her.

HiTzXRS said:
okay, im only posting this because I dont know and I want to know if theres any cold air intake that will fit on the new XRS?

If so, which ones?

I dont wanna buy something, receive it and then be like "shit, this doesnt fit worth shit!".

So whats the bottom line guys?

Someone must know

~HiTz~

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
My guess is that she'll be at the Oct Meet in Scarborough. With those lights she'll kick @ss and be the life of the party. ;)

·
Registered
2005 Corolla Xrs
121 Posts
It all bolts right up, no problems whatsoever. The Corolla Xrs is basically identical to the 04+ Matrix under the hood. The only problem that I encountered was that it was a little bit of a tight squeeze to get the filter on, your best bet is to push the second section of pipe up a bit and put the filter on before you tighten the bracket. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, my mind is way off this morning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
djwolford said:
It all bolts right up, no problems whatsoever. The Corolla Xrs is basically identical to the 04+ Matrix under the hood. The only problem that I encountered was that it was a little bit of a tight squeeze to get the filter on, your best bet is to push the second section of pipe up a bit and put the filter on before you tighten the bracket. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense, my mind is way off this morning.
so I should buy a 04 Matrix c.a.i.???

~HiTz~

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
the new 05's are drive by wire now right? I dont think the previous models will fit

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Polo, the CE, LE and S are drive by wire. The XRS is still mechanically driven.

·
Registered
boosted corolla
252 Posts
$2400 shipped, I did the install myself so I saved about $300-$400 for that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For a good intake check with AEM they're usually one of the first companies to release anything. So check ebay, maybe you'll find something there for you xrs.

·
Registered
53 Posts
AEM IS TESTING ONE FOR XRS AND I HEARD THEY WERE HAVING PROBLEMS W/ THE HOSES OR SO BUT I GUESS IS GONNA BE READY THIS WEEK CHECK IN VVTI FORUMS IN SOUTHERN CALIF

1 - 18 of 18 Posts