Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,790 Posts
It's not as bad as seeing a Corolla with a Nismo badge and BMW M badge in the same area.

• Haha
Reactions: cb91710

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
This is like those that wish to put the wrong grille on their gen1 tacoma

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Had a guy come into the Benz dealership and tell me he had a 6.9, someone had rebadged his 450 SEL. I tried to tell him the real 6.9 had a 12 quart DRY SUMP lubrication system for the engine versus the conventional 4.5 liter wet sump (normal) oil pan. Dry sumps are generally used in piston engine aircraft to eliminate oil starvation. Numerous pick up points and a 12 quart tank to prevent oil starvation under any circumstance. He refused to believe the obvious and I refused to order the wrong parts for his car. Went to the manager who told him the serial number CONFIRMED it was a 450 SEL. He still wanted to argue the point and left still believing he owned a 6.9.

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
584 Posts
Whether it is a Toyota with a Lexus logo or a Acura with a Honda logo, it's nothing new and not that surprising. It's only stupid bad when people badge for another model or trim. A Lancer ain't a Evo.
Used to see this years ago with a Volkswagon model that was very similar to an Audi model. Don't remember what ones but numerous "Re-Badge" kits selling on eBay. Probably saw at least 10 over a year period.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I passed him I saw they had replaced the front logo as well. They went all in on branding it Lexus.

·
Registered
2017 Camry LE 2.5L
133 Posts
LOL wonder if Lexus badging did anything for horsepower? Would be funny if they tried to sell it at a non Toyota car dealer as if it WAS a Lexus 😂 .

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
1,373 Posts
it is called “badge tuning.”

Wonder about the logo on the steering wheel air bag? Could be expensive if you need the whole airbag….

On the newer cars the front logo has sensors and is also not cheap.

How do you correct the logos in the electronics aka infotainment displays?

Not so simple on the newer cars…….

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If that camry has aftermarket stereo easy, but yeah steering wheel badge would be tough

Reactions: cb91710

·
Registered
20 Ruby Platinum HL, 19 Lexus UX200, 17 Yaris iA
1,373 Posts
Had a guy come into the Benz dealership and tell me he had a 6.9, someone had rebadged his 450 SEL. I tried to tell him the real 6.9 had a 12 quart DRY SUMP lubrication system for the engine versus the conventional 4.5 liter wet sump (normal) oil pan. Dry sumps are generally used in piston engine aircraft to eliminate oil starvation. Numerous pick up points and a 12 quart tank to prevent oil starvation under any circumstance. He refused to believe the obvious and I refused to order the wrong parts for his car. Went to the manager who told him the serial number CONFIRMED it was a 450 SEL. He still wanted to argue the point and left still believing he owned a 6.9.
280C verses 280CE

Gee mister you since when can you get hands inside that 6.9 engine bay? The joys of the 109.

·
Official PITA
'05 Solara 'Vert & '07 ES350
1,184 Posts
I had a 2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible. Removed all the badging on the exterior body panels, covered the wheel centers with Benz stick-on embelms, replaced front and rear badges with Benz chicken-foot, and was getting ready to put chrome lettering on the trunk, declaring it a CLS 2.7 and 4-matic
After all, in 2002 Mercedes Benz owned Chrysler <shrug> :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts